Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is in search of a visionary product manager to oversee our internal Developer Products and for our Developer Backend Experiences teams – teams that are focused on making our engineers the most productive by building the best software products on the planet. We are looking for a product manager to lead several strategic product areas influencing the overall developer product suite in partnership with engineering, design, data, and research. In this role, you will work cross-functionally to guide products from conception to launch. The significant scope and importance of this role, which directly impacts every engineer in the company, requires a leader who can drive strategic alignment with multiple stakeholders in order to create delightful experiences for our customers. You will be creating products and experiences used by our developers that ship code to billions of people a day. Our PMs deeply understand their customers, dogfood our products, understand developer pain-points, and come up with 2-3 year visions. They are able to thrive in an ambiguous blue ocean scenario, rationalizing a large quantity of opportunities into a defined and prioritized roadmap. We are thought leaders both internally and externally. We work with engineers and leaders in the company to have a viewpoint on the development tools landscape, both today and in the future. We also collaborate with other technology companies and participate in external summits like IDE summit. You’ll be expected to push the boundaries of what’s possible in our development products and deliver value to our developers while sharing in our healthy obsession for quality and attention to detail.
1. Lead the vision, strategy, development, and launch of innovative products for Facebook engineers
2. Be a customer advocate. Understand the different personas and identify what we can build to empower them to be more productive
3. Identifying cross-ownership with partner teams and driving cross-org product efforts
4. Drive product development with multiple teams of world-class engineers, designers, and product specialists
5. Integrate market analysis, research and usability studies into product requirements
6. Define and analyze metrics that inform the success of products
7. 7+ years product management experience
8. Experience defining vision and strategy for a technical product
9. Experience going through full product cycle, integrating customer feedback into product requirements and driving prioritization
10. 3+ years of experience as a software developer, or having developers as customers
11. BA/BS Computer Science
12. Experience in the Cloud/Enterprise/Developer Products area
13. Experience with client/server technologies
**Equal Opportunity:** Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.