This luxury New York City Hotel allows you to experience the sophistication of an Upper East Side residence with an enviable location in the heart of Midtown Manhattan. The Omni Berkshire Place is steps away from Fortune 500 companies and some of the city's most illustrious sites like Fifth Avenue Shopping, St. Patrick's Cathedral, Rockefeller Center, Central Park, and Broadway Theatres. Combining modern technology and fresh contemporary décor, the reinvented New York City accommodations have a residential feel that will appeal to both business and leisure travelers.
The Omni Berkshire Place's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Berkshire Place may be your perfect match.
To provide technical and administrative assistance to the Director of Engineering Services and to assist the Director of Engineering Services in the operational aspect of the Engineering Department.
- Assist the Director of Engineering Services in the full upkeep of the preventative maintenance, including the keeping of logs on work done, scheduling and the assignment of projects and other related tasks.
- Assist the Director of Engineering Services in the procurement of supplies and the issuance of purchase orders.
- Review Synergy work requests and assign work by priorities.
- Maintain up-to-date inventories of heat, light & power and repair and maintenance supplies.
- Respond to guest requests.
- Work with the Engineering staff on a shift basis and coordinates their activities.
- Assume the full responsibility for the Engineering Department in the absence of the Director of Engineering Services.
- Have a thorough understanding of Omni's fire alarm procedures and emergency evacuation.
- Have a thorough understanding of Omni's job scenarios.
- Have a thorough understanding of Omni's Engineering SOP's.
- Must be familiar with Omni's Systems and Services procedures.
- Must have HVAC and mechanical experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule to include nights, weekends and holidays.
- 3-5 years of hotel engineering experience preferred.
- Experience managing a crew of 5 or more.
Environment & Position Analysis:
- Move, bend, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing up to 50 pounds without assistance. Stand, walk or sit for an extended period or for an entire work shift. Requires repetitive motion, including utilizing telephone/computer for an extended period or for an entire shift.
End of Job Description