Royal Orleans Hotel
The Omni Royal Orleans offers graceful elegance in a New Orleans French Quarter hotel. Located on the most fashionable corner, St. Louis at Royal, the hotel has received the four-diamond luxury award for over 30 years and has earned the Pinnacle Award for meeting services. Our full property renovation incorporates modern amenities with classic design in our guest rooms, including iconic wrought iron balconies and redesigned public spaces inspired by liveliness of the area's culture through various color palettes and artwork.
Omni Royal Orleans' associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Royal Orleans Hotel may be your perfect match.
The In-Room Dining Order Taker/Cashier Attendant will be the primary point-of-contact for our guests who wish to experience a five-diamond quality in-room meal or beverage experience. This person will properly take all guests' room service orders; communicate them to the servers and work to expedite their service. This person will close checks to the correct account and ensure servers have all the information they need to deliver orders efficiently and correctly. The candidate must be able to upsell whenever possible and have the ability to describe Outlet menu items in detail to guests. The candidate will attend to guests in Morsel's Café/Gift Shop. The candidate will up sell beverages, pastries and other selections, accurately process transactions, and provide excellent service to all guests.
- Take orders for guests.
- Must follow prepared scenario to encourage upselling.
- Give the approximate time of delivery for the order.
- Prepare payment of checks.
- Knowledge of food menu and wine list.
- Know and adhere to all liability laws.
- Printing of reports at the end of the shift and banking out.
- Complete other duties assigned.
- Attend all designated staff meetings and training sessions.
- Enter all guest orders into our point-of-sale system (MICROS) according to Omni standards
- Ensure all proper details about the order and pricing/delivery times are communicated to the Kitchen and Room Service delivery teams according to our standards.
- Work closely with In Room Dining Servers, accurately communicating pertinent order information, to ensure all orders are delivered efficiently and to the guest's specifications
- Serving guests in Morsel's coffee shop.
- Answering guest questions about menu items.
- Brewing gourmet coffee and other specialty beverages.
- Accurately processing transactions and maintaining a balanced bank
- Must have a flexible availability, including weekends and holidays.
- Must have at least one year of customer service experience
- Previous Barista experience preferred.
- Must be able to bend, push, pull and stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to lift at least 30lbs.
- Must have a current Lousiana State Alcohol vendor's permit.
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer - vets/disability. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .