Royal Orleans Hotel
The Omni Royal Orleans offers graceful elegance in a New Orleans French Quarter hotel. Located on the most fashionable corner, St. Louis at Royal, the hotel has received the four-diamond luxury award for over 30 years and has earned the Pinnacle Award for meeting services. Our full property renovation incorporates modern amenities with classic design in our guest rooms, including iconic wrought iron balconies and redesigned public spaces inspired by liveliness of the area's culture through various color palettes and artwork.
Omni Royal Orleans' associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Royal Orleans Hotel may be your perfect match.
This is your chance to be part of the iconic Rib Room located at the Omni Royal Orleans Hotel at the most prestigious corner in New Orleans, St. Louis and Royal St. The Assistant Rib Room Manager will ensure proper training and supervision of all personnel, to deliver prompt, courteous service in a manner that complies with Omni Food and Beverage standards and company policies and procedures in all areas of operations related to guest service experience. If you have the drive and the skill set to be part of this outstanding team, please submit your application.
- Assist in overall supervision of the department as outlined in manager's job description.
- Complete environmental checklist for dining room.
- Spot check liquor pars.
- Order daily supplies, utilize birchstreet
- Ensure that pre-shift meeting conducted with service staff on a daily basis for all shifts
- Train and ensure that service personnel follow designated service scenarios
- Train, coach and counsel and effectively communicate with all Outlets staff
- To monitor and critique the quality and consistency of the food product.
- Bring innovation and creative ideas and be able to plan ahead
- Maintain cleanliness and health code standards
- Handle guest comments and complaints and ensure guest satisfaction.
- Examine food preparation and beverage presentation to ensure quality standards are met.
- Administrative responsibilities: such as payroll, scheduling, ordering, daily recaps, etc.
- Monitor food waste.
- Assist in completing inventory process and ordering necessary items
- Monitor labor and payroll costs.
- Check bar controls, shot glass use, red lining, and bottles totally empty.
- Must be familiar with and adhere to all liquor liability laws:
- Dram Shop Act - Prohibiting the sale/service of alcohol to intoxicated guests.
- Assist manager in:
- Forecast weekly
- Forecast monthly
- Completing weekly payroll
- Participate in interviewing new employees.
- Prepare maintenance requests and follow-up.
- Complete other assigned duties.
- Cost control
- Monitor food and liquor requisitions
- Other duties as assigned.
- 1-2 years of F&B supervisory experience in a restaurant setting required, fine dining preferred.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Individual must be able to work in fast pace environment and multitask.
- Proven effective leader and ability to delegate.
- Able to train, develop and lead a team to success.
- Computer literate and detail orientated a must, basic mathematical skills and be able to create and understand financial reports.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as organizational skills.
- Flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays.
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer - vets/disability. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to email@example.com .