New Haven Hotel
Located in downtown New Haven and just steps away from the prestigious Yale University, the Omni New Haven @ Yale University surrounds you with luxurious comfort and unparalleled service. The Omni Hotel stands out within New Haven's skyline. Enjoy breathtaking views from our guest rooms or John Davenports Restaurant located in the 19th floor overlooking the Yale Campus.
Come join our award winning team at the only 4-diamond hotel in New Haven where you'll experience a rewarding and fostering work environment!
To provide assistance and services for guests, as well as the hotel, in order to ensure pleasurable accommodations.
- Use friendly and appropriate expressions when engaging guests
- Be fully acquainted with the different points of interest
- Assist in making reservations for restaurants and limousines for our guests; assist in airline ticket requests
- Ensure the delivery of parcels, mail and special deliveries to guestrooms, executive offices or meeting rooms
- Ensure that the public areas, bell closet are maintained, clean and tidy
- Follow-up with guest complaints to ensure that any problems are resolved
- Arrange special requests for guests including and not limited to flowers, rental cars, forwarding luggage, sight-seeing tours and advising of different quality local shopping area
- Utilize bell carts effectively and with caution
- Ensure the floor is covered 100% of the time, including the Front Desk
- Direct guests to the Front Desk or meeting rooms
- Call taxis and/or shuttle for guests as needed
- Assist, retrieve and load luggage for guests
- Notify the Front Desk and Guest Services of VIP arrivals whenever possible
- Engage in conversation with as many guests as possible
- Attend all designated staff meetings and training sessions
- Complete all tasks assigned by manager
- Aid guests in locating other areas of the hotel (walk them to destination if possible)
- Follow all company policies and procedures; ensure clean uniform and professional personal appearance; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets
- Follow all company safety and security policies and procedures; report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions; complete safety training and certifications
- Excellent customer service skills
- Must have strong communication, presentation, training and organizational skills
- Maintain a professional business appearance, attitude and performance
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including weekends, evenings and holidays
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs or more
- Must be able to stand, lift, push & pull for entire shift
- Candidates must be able to speak fluent English
- Guest service experience in a hotel setting & / or Student enrolled in related course of study.
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer - vets/disability. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .