Ultrasound Tech FSER PRN
SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Summit Medical Center
Location: FSER in Mt. Juliet
Our Mission- Above all else, we're committed to the care and improvement of human life.
For us, it's all about people. Here at HCA, you will find that caring extends to our patients, employees, and the communities we serve. It is demonstrated by the over 30,000 volunteer hours we provide annually, industry leading patient satisfaction scores, and defined pathways for the personal as well as professional growth of our employees. Our dedication has to awards of recognition including being named aWorld's Most Admired CompanybyFortune Magazine.Are you looking for an employer with many different career options and a people-focused culture? You've come to the right place.
A few of the benefits we provide you:
- Industry Leading Clinical Training and Professional Academy- Emerging Leaders
- Tuition Reimbursement and Student Loan Forgiveness Programs
- 401k (3%-9% match based on tenure)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Full Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- New Extended Family Leave
- Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Hundreds of consumer discounts
- Financial Fitness Program with a Certified Financial Planner
About this opportunity:
Our 218 bed facility is located in Hermitage TN and was named as a Top Hospital in Quality by The Joint Commission. We are certified as a primary stroke Center and accredited Chest Pain Center and cancer program. We, the employees of TriStar Summit Medical Center, have a unique calling to care for those in need, whether they are patients or loved ones. In fulfilling this calling we believe in and practice daily, the values and standards that place us at the Summit of health care. Every employee is committed to the I SERVE...with pleasure values which we hold in the daily performance of our duties.
These are the expectations of all TriStar Summit employees. They are a reflection of us individually and as a group. To ensure high-quality, compassionate patient care, we depend on the collaborative efforts of our entire team, from physicians to support staff. So if you're all about making a difference in healthcare, TriStar Summit offers excellent opportunities to advance your career and achieve your goals.
The Ultrasonographer performs a variety of technical procedures that require rational independent judgement, ingenuity, and initiative in performing Ultrasounds and Radiology procedures with basic departmental functions and goals.
- Demonstrates the ability to perform specific competencies as listed on the Competency Validation Checklist(s).
- Meets mutually agreed upon performance goals/objectives established annually as listed on the Performance Evaluation. Displays courteous behavior and cooperative relationships with customers and co-workers.
- Must be able to multitask and keep a professional appearance/attitude at all times. Demonstrates quality patient care by attending to patients comfort needs and demonstrating concern for their spiritual and emotional needs.
- Tactfully and diplomatically communicates with patients, various departments, and their employees even during stressful times. Interacts well with co-workers on a daily basis. Works to maintain a productive and friendly work environment to aid in the retention of staff.
- Accepts ownership of patient/family concerns and seeks appropriate resolution. Maintains positive attitude when asked to perform any job related duties by fellow employees/supervisor.
- Consistently responds to employee/patient issues/concerns in a kind and non-judgmental manner in order to promote high employee/patient satisfaction survey results.
- Helps the person to whom they report directly to, identify and resolve departmental/staff and patient issues by communicating openly and honestly with employees as well as with the person to whom they directly report.
- Consistently and openly supports actions and efforts of the Imaging and Therapy management team.
- Consistently participates in performance improvement activities, including Joint Commission compliance, facility inspections/drills, and department specific activities. Performs all other duties as required
- Must have graduated from an accredited school of Diagnostic Medical Sonography.
- RDMS or RT(US)(ARRT) required plus additional certifications listed below. New grads accepted, if registry eligible, must obtain all required portions of registry within 12 months of start date or be terminated. May extend once by six months with Director approval and proof of attempt to meet requirements (i.e., two portions obtained and third scheduled or rescheduled). Minimum of two portions obtained will be required for extension.
- In addition, candidate must obtain Abdomen and Vascular Technology registries within the 12 months.
- American Heart Association or Red Cross BLS required
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here .
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.