Senior System Administrator
SHIFT: Work From Home
HCA Healthcare ITG
Please click the link above to Watch our Identity Video to get a closer look at who we are and what we do!
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients' lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for dedicated professional like you to be a part of our team. Join us in our efforts to better our community!
At HCA Healthcare, you have options. You can choose from a variety of benefits to create a customizable plan. You have the ability to enroll in several medical coverage plans including vision and dental. You can even select additional al la carte benefits to meet all your needs. Enroll in our Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401k, flex spending accounts formedical and childcare needs, and participate in our tuition reimbursement and student loan repayment programs
PLEASE NOTE - THIS IS A WORK FROM HOME OPPORTUNITY
The Senior System Administrator implements, monitors and supports servers and storage environments for all centralized division and/or facility equipment, and provides operational application support, including image archive and disaster recovery.
The Senior System Administrator provides server and desktop technology support, including operating system maintenance, application maintenance and ensures division and facility-based systems adhere to HCA Healthcare ITG security, user access and configuration policies. This position works very closely with other corporate, division and facility technical personnel to coordinate the implementation and ongoing support of systems physically hosted at the division data center and facility locations. The Senior System Administrator also monitors and diagnoses server and storage devices, provides support for incidents which cannot be resolved by the division service desk or technical analysts, and coordinates installation of new equipment for facility projects.
Duties include but are notlimited to:
• Installs and supports server and desktop technologies for centralized division and/or facility equipment (including operating system maintenance, application maintenance, image archive, disaster recovery)
• Provides leadership and mentoring to other System Admins in the department and provides assistance to manager as needed on special projects related to job role
• Provides data and analysis for monthly dashboarding, budgeting, and operating reports as needed
• Provides operational applications support
• Provides support services to monitor, backup, and diagnose servers and storage equipment; recommends corrective action to failing server and desktop equipment
• Supports and coordinates installation of server and desktop technology for new projects. Participates, as needed, in division/facility technical implementation projects.
• Develops and maintains procedures for equipment installation and configuration support
• Creates and maintains documentation for equipment installation and configuration support
• Works closely with corporate, division, and facility personnel to coordinate the implementation and ongoing support of systems physically hosted at the Division Data Center and facility locations
• Coordinates sharing of best practices and policies and procedures
• Participates in activities which improve departmental and organizational performance
• Interfaces directly with a wide variety of end users and technical counterparts in other division, facility, and corporate roles
• Monthly patching of thin client fleet
• Thin client image management and promotion
• App volume updates
• Thin client application provision and lifecycle management
• Software discovery and management within the thin client virtual environment
• Adheres to and supports HCA IT&S standards, policies, and procedures
• Maintains and protects confidentiality with regard to all aspects of patient care
• Adheres to Code of Conduct and Mission and Value Statement.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Requires a strong knowledge of supported server, application, network, security systems, virus protection, and hardware configurations.
• Vsphere experience
• Demonstrated strength in statistical/analytical tools for system monitoring.
• Possesses superior analytical and design capabilities.
• Understands the business implications of technology decisions.
• Demonstrates a customer orientation; establishes and maintains customer relationships.
• Must be able to drive to assigned sites to complete work
HCA Healthcare is a comprehensive healthcare network where 265,000 people across more than 1,800 care facilities are all committed to creating a positive impact every day. It's an organization that exists to give people healthier tomorrows. Our scale enables caregivers to deliver great outcomes for patients and gives colleagues unparalleled opportunities to learn and grow. Most importantly, as a part of HCA Healthcare we're connected to something bigger, which means more resources, more solutions and more possibilities for everyone who walks through our doors. What matters most to our diverse and talented colleagues is giving people the absolute best healthcare possible. Every day, we seek to raise the bar higher, not just for ourselves, but for healthcare everywhere.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
Bachelor's degree in information systems or healthcare-related field - Preferred
• Requires minimum of 5 or more years experience in a technical role directly supporting desktop and/or application servers in an Information Technology environment.
• Advanced training and/or certification in network and security standards, equipment and protocols is also desired.
• Strong statistical and analytical tools for system monitoring.
• Technical certifications - highly desirable: Cisco, Microsoft, advanced training in network and security standards, equipment, and protocols.
• Valid state drivers license and proof of auto insurance, if applicable
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS
Requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports. Requires lifting papers or boxes up to 50 pounds occasionally. Work is performed in an office environment. Work may be stressful at times. Contact may involve dealing with angry or upset people. Staff must remain flexible and available to provide staffing assistance for any/all disaster or emergency situations. Occasional travel to division data center and/or other facilities may be required.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here .
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.