Senior IT Business Analyst - 2103051
**Job** : Information Technology
**Primary Location** : TN-Nashville-3401 West End Ave
**Organization** : VUMC IT Business Analysis 108384
**Shift:** : Days
This Senior IT Business Analyst understands business needs and defines technology and services requirements to maximize value independently. The Sr IT Business Analyst uses analysis techniques to lead change activities. Implements large projects, functions as lead on projects and may lead teams. Coaches development of other staff.
+ Provides leadership, expertise and guidance on strategic business change projects.
+ Provides business analysis on projects including engagement and stakeholder management.
+ Leads business change and defines business requirements and processes on projects.
+ Elicit and analyze Requirements from stakeholders.
+ Create Business Requirements documentation, Use cases, Workflows and Architectural diagrams.
+ Create templates for documentation based on best BA practices.
+ The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
_BUSINESS ANALYSIS (INTERMEDIATE)_
- Demonstrates the ability to grasp and apply advanced business analysis concepts to solving problems of a difficult nature. Analyzes objectives, processes and resources, and suggests ways by which re-design [BPR] or improvements [BPI] could be made. Designs screens and reports for advanced business systems. Capable of identifying and verifying themes and patterns imbedded within quantitative data, in a set of user requirements, and/or in a problem situation, then drawing conclusions through rational judgment, and recommending solutions and approaches. Demonstrates a variety of effective techniques for collecting requirements from stakeholders in a project.
_BUSINESS KNOWLEDGE (INTERMEDIATE)_
- Demonstrates the ability to apply multiple areas of business knowledge to successfully meet broad work objectives. Knowledgeable of the major business units of the company which relate to work responsibilities. Understands and monitors appropriate key business indicators as well as the competition. Able to communicate with users and customers regarding various business functions in an easily understood manner. Able to interpret and draw conclusions from business data. Demonstrates an understanding of overall business perspectives.
_BUSINESS REQUIREMENTS DEFINITION (INTERMEDIATE)_
- Demonstrates mastery of Business Requirements Definition in practical applications of a difficult nature. Able to identify potential problems through advanced analysis techniques and develop appropriate test cases to assure effective testing of the application. Can identify processing flaws in the business requirements from quality assurance and applications testing standpoints. Understands the general business purpose of the requirements and its role in the architecture of the organization. Possesses sufficient knowledge, training, and experience to be capable of successfully delivering and analyzing Business Requirements Definitions without requiring support and instruction from others. Able to train and educate by setting the example, giving technical instruction, providing leadership, and generally raising the level of performance of others while conducting Business Requirements Definitions.
_FEASIBILITY/COST/BENEFITS ANALYSIS (INTERMEDIATE)_
- Has written a substantial portion of a study for a large system. Has planned and led analysis steps. Has thorough knowledge and a good understanding of the company cost/benefit analysis standards and methodology.
+ Organizational Impact: Independently delivers on objectives with understanding of how they impact the results of own area/team and other related teams.
+ Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Utilizes multiple sources of data to analyze and resolve complex problems; may take a new perspective on existing solution.
+ Breadth of Knowledge: Has advanced knowledge within a professional area and basic knowledge across related areas.
+ Team Interaction: Acts as a "go-to" resource for colleagues with less experience; may lead small project teams.
**_SUPPORTING COLLEAGUES (P3):_**
- Develops Self and Others: Invests time, energy and enthusiasm in developing self/others to help improve performance and gain knowledge in new areas.
- Builds and Maintains Relationships: Maintains regular contact with key colleagues and stakeholders using formal and informal opportunities to expand and strengthen relationships.
- Communicates Effectively: Recognizes group interactions and modifies one's own communication style to suit different situations and audiences.
_DELIVERING EXCELLENT SERVICES (P3):_
- Serves Others with Compassion: Seeks to understand current and future needs of relevant stakeholders and customizes services to better address them.
- Solves Complex Problems: Approaches problems from different angles; Identifies new possibilities to interpret opportunities and develop concrete solutions.
- Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Provides ongoing support and coaching in a constructive manner to increase employees' effectiveness.
_ENSURING HIGH QUALITY (P3):_
- Performs Excellent Work: Engages regularly in formal and informal dialogue about quality; directly addresses quality issues promptly.
- Ensures Continuous Improvement: Applies various learning experiences by looking beyond symptoms to uncover underlying causes of problems and identifies ways to resolve them.
- Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Understands all aspects of providing a safe environment and performs routine safety checks to prevent safety hazards from occurring.
_MANAGING RESOURCES EFFECTIVELY (P3):_
- Demonstrates Accountability: Demonstrates a sense of ownership, focusing on and driving critical issues to closure.
- Stewards Organizational Resources: Applies understanding of the departmental work to effectively manage resources for a department/area.
- Makes Data Driven Decisions: Demonstrates strong understanding of the information or data to identify and elevate opportunities.
_FOSTERING INNOVATION (P3):_
- Generates New Ideas: Proactively identifies new ideas/opportunities from multiple sources or methods to improve processes beyond conventional approaches.
- Applies Technology: Demonstrates an enthusiasm for learning new technologies, tools, and procedures to address short-term challenges.
- Adapts to Change: Views difficult situations and/or problems as opportunities for improvement; actively embraces change instead of emphasizing negative elements.
**About the Department:**
VUMC IT provides hardware, software and service solutions for the entire Medical Center. With over 40,000 workstations in the Medical Center, our teams can assist not only with hardware support, but also software and application support and services to enhance security and protection of your information.
**Position Shift** : Days
**Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:**
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded, and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity — of culture, thinking, learning and leading — is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt’s mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
**VUMC Recent Accomplishments**
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
+ **US News & World Report:** \#1 Adult Hospital in Tennessee and metropolitan Nashville, named to the Best Hospitals Honor Roll of the top 20 adult hospitals, 10 nationally ranked adult specialty programs, with 3 specialties rated in the top 10 nationally, Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt named as one of the Best Children’s Hospital in the nation, with 10 out of 10 pediatric specialties nationally ranked.
+ **Healthcare’s Most Wired:** Among the nation’s 100 “most-wired” hospitals and health systems for its efforts in innovative medical technology.
+ **Becker’s Hospital Review:** named as one of the “100 Great Hospitals in America”, in the roster of 100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Oncology Programs and to its list of the 100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs.
+ **The Leapfrog Group:** One of only 10 children’s hospitals in the to be named at Leapfrog Top Hospital.
+ **American Association for the Advancement of Science:** The School of Medicine has 112 elected fellows
+ **Magnet Recognition Program:** Received our third consecutive Magnet designations.
+ **National Academy of Medicine:** 22 members, elected by their peers in recognition of outstanding achievement
+ **Human Rights Campaign Healthcare Equality Index: 6** **th** **year in a row that Vanderbilt University Medical Center was a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality.**
+ 5 years relevant experience
+ Bachelor's Degree (Required)
**Physical Requirements/Strengths needed & Physical Demands:**
+ Sedentary category requiring exertion up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally and uses negligible amounts of force to move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.
+ Occasional: Standing: Remaining on one's feet without moving.
+ Occasional: Walking: Moving about on foot.
+ Occasional: Lifting under 35 lbs: Raising and lowering objects under 35 lbs from one level to another
+ Occasional: Carrying under 35 lbs: Transporting an object holding in hands, arms or shoulders, with help of coworkers or assistive device.
+ Occasional: Push/Pull: Exerting force to move objects away from or toward.
+ Occasional: Bending/Stooping: Trunk bending downward and forward by bending spine at waist requiring full use of lower extremities and back muscles
+ Occasional: Reaching above shoulders: Extending arms in any direction above shoulders.
+ Occasional: Handling: Seizing, holding, grasping, turning or otherwise working with hand or hands.
+ Frequent: Sitting: Remaining in seated position
+ Frequent: Reaching below shoulders: Extending arms in any direction below shoulders.
+ Frequent: Bimanual Dexterity: Requiring the use of both hands.
+ Continuous: Communication: Expressing or exchanging written/verbal/electronic information.
+ Continuous: Auditory: Perceiving the variances of sounds, tones and pitches and able to focus on single source of auditory information
+ Continuous: Vision: Clarity of near vision at 20 inches or less and far vision at 20 feet or more with depth perception, peripheral vision, color vision.
+ Continuous: Smell: Ability to detect and identify odors.
**Req ID:** 2103051
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is committed to principles of equal opportunity and affirmative action.