Under direct supervision, provide support for social, economic or health related research; assist in investigating, gathering, assessing, and clarifying data; record and distribute information; assist in general laboratory maintenance and inventory control.
The mission of the Vanderbilt Department of Biomedical informatics has complementary themes that include education, research, service, and a commitment to our colleagues in our own institution and around the world. The Educational Mission is to educate undergraduate, graduate, and postgraduate trainees in the theory and practice of biomedical informatics. The Research and Service Mission is to develop and evaluate innovative technologies for the storage, retrieval, dissemination, and application of biomedical knowledge, in order to support clinical practice, biomedical research, life-long learning, and administration and as a result, to contribute to the professional body of knowledge in the field of biomedical informatics. The Professional and Ethical Mission is to maintain cooperation and collegiality with all those who learn and work with us locally, nationally, and internationally; and, to develop and disseminate ethical and professional standards for the conduct of biomedical informatics research and for the use and evaluation of health care informatics applications.
Day Shift/ Exempt Position
Click here to view how Vanderbilt Health employees celebrate the difference they make every day:
Click Here To View The VUMC Promise of Discovery
**Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:**
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity — of culture, thinking, learning and leading — is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. **Vanderbilt’s** mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
**VUMC Recent Accomplishments**
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
· **US News & World Report:** \#1 Adult Hospital in Tennessee and metropolitan Nashville, named to the Best Hospitals Honor Roll of the top 20 adult hospitals, 10 nationally ranked adult specialty programs, with 3 specialties rated in the top 10 nationally, Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt named as one of the Best Children’s Hospital in the nation, with 10 out of 10 pediatric specialties nationally ranked.
· **Healthcare’s Most Wired:** Among the nation’s 100 “most-wired” hospitals and health systems for its efforts in innovative medical technology.
· **Becker’s Hospital Review:** named as one of the “100 Great Hospitals in America”, in the roster of 100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Oncology Programs and to its list of the 100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs.
· **The Leapfrog Group:** One of only 10 children’s hospitals in the to be named at Leapfrog Top Hospital.
· **American Association for the Advancement of Science:** The School of Medicine has 112 elected fellows
· **Magnet Recognition Program:** Received our third consecutive Magnet designations.
· **National Academy of Medicine:** 22 members, elected by their peers in recognition of outstanding achievement
· **Human Rights Campaign Healthcare Equality Index: 6** **th** **year in a row that Vanderbilt University Medical Center was a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality.**
**Additional Key Elements/ Responsibilities:**
+ Collect and organize data from a variety of reference sources
+ Prepare charts, graphs, and tables according to accepted research practices
+ Perform preliminary analysis
+ Assist in investigating and gathering data
+ Route questionnaires, record information and distribute results using established procedures
+ Assist with recruiting and interviewing study participants
+ Provide appropriate documentation for research
+ Update manual and/ or automated database file and maintain records
+ Assist in the preparation of materials for publication
+ Edit and/or type manuscripts according to accepted practices
+ Keep abreast of trends in field of study
+ Read professional journals and attend meetings and/or seminars
+ May supervise student assistants
+ Plan and assign work
+ May assist in lab maintenance.
+ Order supplies and equipment.
+ Monitor and maintain inventory control.
**·** **Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent experience) and <1 years experience required.**
**Physical Requirements/Strengths needed & Physical Demands:**
+ Occasional: Sitting: Remaining in seated position
+ Occasional: Standing: Remaining on one's feet without moving.
+ Occasional: Walking: Moving about on foot.
+ Occasional: Lifting under 35 lbs: Raising and lowering objects under 35 lbs from one level to another
+ Occasional: Push/Pull: Exerting force to move objects away from or toward.
+ Occasional: Bending/Stooping: Trunk bending downward and forward by bending spine at waist requiring full use of lower extremities and back muscles
+ Occasional: Reaching below shoulders: Extending arms in any direction below shoulders.
+ Occasional: Handling: Seizing, holding, grasping, turning or otherwise working with hand or hands.
+ Occasional: Vision: Clarity of near vision at 20 inches or less and far vision at 20 feet or more with depth perception, peripheral vision, color vision.
+ Frequent: Noise: May include exposure to occupational noise levels which equal or exceed an 8-hr time-weighted average of 85 decibels, requiring enrollment in VUMC's Hearing Conservation Program which includes training, use of hearing protection, and periodic audiometry.
+ Continuous: Communication: Expressing or exchanging written/verbal/electronic information.
**Organization:** _Biomedical Informatics 104785_
**Title:** _Research Analyst I, Biomedical Informatics_
**Location:** _TN-Nashville-2525 West End Ave_
**Requisition ID:** _2009129_
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is committed to principles of equal opportunity and affirmative action.