SHIFT: No Weekends
HCA, a Fortune 100 company with more than 200,000 employees, is one of the nation's leading providers of healthcare services, operating over 170 locally managed hospitals and over 100 freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and the United Kingdom.
A few of the benefits we provide you:
- Tuition Reimbursement and Student Loan Repayment Program
- Full Medical, Dental, Life, Disability and Vision Insurance
- 401k (3%-9% match based on tenure)
- New Extended Family Leave and PTO
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Discount Program
The National Contact Center Management (NCCM) group serves our patients by interacting with them via telephone and other media in order to assist them with their healthcare journeys. NCCM uses a variety of tools that act in tandem with each other and on behalf of our patients and provides services such as provider referrals, connection with healthcare services, and clinical advice.
The Data Analyst Coordinator (DAC) position serves an essential and central function in delivering Data Management services.
Ensuring data quality is important, so too is relationship management. Relationship management requires excellent communication skills along with a commitment to 'own' the task through completion. Timely follow up, with accurate information, is required to establish and maintain a relationship built on trust.
The Provider DAC I delivers basic Provider-related data services to HCA Stakeholders. The DAC I takes direction from the DAC Supervisor while receiving mentoring and coaching suggestions from more senior level DACs. DAC's enter, modify, update, and correct data primarily in records within the CareLink system.
While the DAC I primarily works on data entry, professional growth and progression within the DAC organization requires a skill set beyond that of a keyboard operator or data clerk. DACs are detail-oriented and possess good analytical skills. The Provider DAC I must analyze data to ensure accuracy and quality according to our processes and guiding principles. Follow up is often required with Stakeholders to ensure data appears on the website and within our referral database as intended. The DAC I must look beyond the data form to determine the needs of the Stakeholder.
- Serves as a key 'front-line' resource for the Data Management team
- Works closely with other DACs, Supervisors, and Managers
- Supports Stakeholder initiated requests related to Providers or Facility Accounts
- Performs basic DAC I level functions including:
- Processing both Feedback and RMR case types
- Adding Providers into the system
- Calling clinics to validate information
- Updating Providers in the system
- Adding or Modifying Provider photos
- Adding or Modifying Provider media
- Database clean-up tasks
- Coordinating with Stakeholders on verification and completion of requests
- Coordinates work assignments and prioritizing tasks based upon process or direction from the Supervisor
- Provides basic analysis of Stakeholder documentation and comments, corrects, and escalates as needed. This includes handling communication with our stakeholders via e-mail and phone communication.
- Offers input when noticing opportunities for process improvements
- Documents work efforts as outlined in Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma/ GED
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, WORD, PowerPoint
- Experienced working in networked computer setting (including nomenclature i.e. hard drive, shared drive, wireless ...)
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Good business acumen
- Ability to work with basic mathematics (high-school math)
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here .
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.