Carpenter Journeyman - 2103296
**Job** : Facilities and Maintenance
**Primary Location** : TN-Nashville-Medical Center North (MCN)
**Organization** : Medical Carpentry 111230
**Shift:** : Second Shift
Works under supervision of Manager or Lead Carpenter in performing the following functions from written and verbal instructions, sketches or plans: build, install, maintain and repair, as appropriate, existing and new structures and fixtures to include ceilings, concrete and other masonry, doors and hardware, drywall, flooring, millwork, roofs, tile, Shop equipment, walls; performs structural remodeling, construction and demolition; performs other related duties as assigned.
Facility maintenance is the process of increasing the utility of a building by regularly servicing capital assets, commercial appliances, and areas inside or around a building. Capital assets include machinery, robotics, research equipment, and medical devices; commercial appliances include boilers and HVAC units; and areas include rooms, hallways, parking lots, and garages
+ Second Shift
+ Maintenance and upkeep of all Shop work areas, tools, equipment, etc.
+ All fire alarm response activities appropriate for the Carpentry Shop.
+ Adherence to all Medical Center Policies and Procedures whether they are specifically referenced in these Key Functions of not.
+ Adherence to all local and national codes, standards, and regulation that cover any of the items mentioned in these Key Functions.
+ Participation, as needed in any Medical Center orange or yellow alert as described in the Medical Center Safety and Disaster manual.
+ Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
+ Responsibility for accomplishing all assigned Preventive Maintenance Work Requests in a timely manner.
+ Responsibility for accomplishing all assigned Trouble Call Work Requests in a timely manner.
+ Responsibility for accomplishing all assigned Work Order Work Requests in a timely manner.
+ Responsible for assisting with estimate requests, material, and manpower evaluations to insure acceptable work flow is maintained.
+ Other duties as assigned.
**Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:**
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity — of culture, thinking, learning and leading — is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. **Vanderbilt’s** mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
**VUMC Recent Accomplishments**
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
· **US News & World Report:** \#1 Adult Hospital in Tennessee and metropolitan Nashville, named to the Best Hospitals Honor Roll of the top 20 adult hospitals, 10 nationally ranked adult specialty programs, with 3 specialties rated in the top 10 nationally, Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt named as one of the Best Children’s Hospital in the nation, with 10 out of 10 pediatric specialties nationally ranked.
· **Healthcare’s Most Wired:** Among the nation’s 100 “most-wired” hospitals and health systems for its efforts in innovative medical technology.
· **Becker’s Hospital Review:** named as one of the “100 Great Hospitals in America”, in the roster of 100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Oncology Programs and to its list of the 100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs.
· **The Leapfrog Group:** One of only 10 children’s hospitals in the to be named at Leapfrog Top Hospital.
· **American Association for the Advancement of Science:** The School of Medicine has 112 elected fellows
· **Magnet Recognition Program:** Received our third consecutive Magnet designations.
· **National Academy of Medicine:** 22 members, elected by their peers in recognition of outstanding achievement
· **Human Rights Campaign Healthcare Equality Index: 6** **th** **year in a row that Vanderbilt University Medical Center was a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality.**
High School Diploma or GED (or equivalent experience) and 5 years experience
**Licensure, Certification, and/or Registration (LCR):**
+ **Physical Requirements/Strengths needed & Physical Demands:** **Movement**
+ Occasional: Sitting: Remaining in seated position
+ Occasional: Standing: Remaining on one's feet without moving.
+ Occasional: Walking: Moving about on foot.
+ Occasional: Lifting under 35 lbs: Raising and lowering objects under 35 lbs from one level to another
+ Occasional: Push/Pull: Exerting force to move objects away from or toward.
+ Occasional: Bending/Stooping: Trunk bending downward and forward by bending spine at waist requiring full use of lower extremities and back muscles
+ Occasional: Reaching below shoulders: Extending arms in any direction below shoulders.
+ Occasional: Handling: Seizing, holding, grasping, turning or otherwise working with hand or hands. **Sensory**
+ Occasional: Vision: Clarity of near vision at 20 inches or less and far vision at 20 feet or more with depth perception, peripheral vision, color vision.
+ Frequent: Noise: May include exposure to occupational noise levels which equal or exceed an 8-hr time-weighted average of 85 decibels, requiring enrollment in VUMC's Hearing Conservation Program which includes training, use of hearing protection, and periodic audiometry.
+ Continuous: Communication: Expressing or exchanging written/verbal/electronic information. **Environmental Conditions**
**Req ID:** 2103296
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is committed to principles of equal opportunity and affirmative action.