Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Our marketing team is focused on establishing the collective value our apps provide and building the positive reputation of the company. We’re seeking a Marketing Researcher to play an integral role in producing breakthrough creative content and communications that help build a positive reputation for the company. In order to do this, you will conduct market research to understand people’s perspective. Then you will work with a tight, cross-functional team to help translate audience insights into marketing strategy and execution. Above all, we are looking for someone who is both a skilled researcher and strategist – uncovering not just what people think and feel, but integrating it with outside context, and helping translate what it means into communication plans and executions.
1. Design and execute quantitative and qualitative research to support establishing the collective value our apps provide and building the positive reputation of the company.
2. Guide positioning, messaging, creative briefs, marketing and communications strategy based on consumer insights.
3. Test and refine the effectiveness of creative executions and campaigns.
4. 8+ years of qualitative and quantitative primary research experience.
5. Experience independently executing full-cycle research from survey design, discussion guide creation, fielding, data cleaning and analysis, weighting, and reporting.
6. Brand research experience.
7. Experience working quickly to make assumptions, and adapt to an ever-changing environment.
8. Experience working on ways to build brand and communicate within technology products and surfaces.
9. Experience working on integrated marketing campaigns, especially digital. This includes informing campaign strategy, creative development, and especially, measuring effectiveness.
10. Experience making sound methodological decisions and defending research.
11. Experience managing client relationships at an agency or consultancy.
12. Communication and storytelling experience - crafting strong inputs (i.e. frames, positioning, messaging) and clear outputs (memos, creative briefs, decks).
**Equal Opportunity:** Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.