The Omni Nashville Hotel was specially created to be an authentic expression of Nashville's vibrant music culture. Across from the new Music City Center, the luxury hotel is a one-of-a-kind experience, fully integrated with an expansion of the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum on four levels. Located on Fifth Avenue between Demonbreun and Korean Veterans Blvd. The Omni Nashville Hotel design is a modern expression of the city's distinct character, incorporating natural materials, exposed steel and regional limestone. The multi-story hotel and expanded museum shares meeting and entertainment space and brings additional restaurants and retail venues to this dynamic destination in downtown Nashville.
The Omni Nashville Hotel's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Nashville may be your perfect match.
To provide administrative support to the Sales Department. To support the Director of Sales and assigned Sales Managers with day to day operations and to ensure communication in their absence.
- Schedule & prioritize work load to meet deadlines of all managers
- Type and distribute all correspondence, including proposals, booking notices, letters, contracts, etc. for assigned managers, ensuring that all correspondence is 100% accurate
- Utilize Delphi correctly, to ensure managers are able to accurately track, book and follow-up on all accounts/bookings
- Assist Sales Team with all Site preparation and support with sales kits / brochures etc
- Assist managers with sales calls and participate in sites, FAMs, trade shows and other related market events as required
- Assist Sales with collecting & routing favours (e.g. rooms/loyals/VIPs/upgrades) for individual reservations through the Group Reservations Coordinator. Confirmed Group requests go through Group Reservations Coordinator/Conference Services Manager
- Maintain account/booking files and ensures that all information is included in file, i.e. accurate traces, turnover-checklist, history, letters, emails, deposits, letters, etc
- Ensures that all managers receive messages in a timely manner. (Messages to include name and phone number of caller, date and time call received)
- Coordinated general office functions
- Liaise with other hotel departments to help ensure Sales clients' needs are met/exceeded
- Performs other duties as assigned by management
- Previous catering, convention services, or sales support experience required (Large convention hotel preferred). Other relevant event, meeting planning, or hotel operations experience will be considered.
- High school education required, college degree preferred.
- Ability to clearly and pleasantly communicate both verbally and in writing in English with guests, management and co-workers, both in person and by telephone
- Ability to accurately and efficiently input information into computer systems, with developed computer proficiencies. Delphi experience strongly preferred.
- Ability to work cohesively with co-workers both within and outside of your department
- Ability to think clearly, quickly and make concise decisions
- Ability to work well under pressure, dealing with many guest requests/questions within a short period of time
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast paced environment. Ability to prioritize and organize workload to ensure deadlines are met.
- Able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately, identifying and solving problems as necessary
- Ability to handle stressful situations, while maintaining a calm and welcoming demeanor.
- Customer service oriented with a desire to create memorable guest experiences.
- Ability to use various office equipment, including but not limited to, calculators, photocopiers and facsimile machines.
- Position requires the ability to sit and engage in repetitive motion, including utilizing telephone/computer for extended periods of time or for an entire shift.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule primarily daytime hours, Monday-Friday, with the flexibility to work weekends if needed.
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to email@example.com .