The Omni Nashville Hotel was specially created to be an authentic expression of Nashville's vibrant music culture. Across from the new Music City Center, the luxury hotel is a one-of-a-kind experience, fully integrated with an expansion of the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum on four levels. Located on Fifth Avenue between Demonbreun and Korean Veterans Blvd. The Omni Nashville Hotel design is a modern expression of the city's distinct character, incorporating natural materials, exposed steel and regional limestone. The multi-story hotel and expanded museum shares meeting and entertainment space and brings additional restaurants and retail venues to this dynamic destination in downtown Nashville.
The Omni Nashville Hotel's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Nashville may be your perfect match.
The Retail Sales Associate will be responsible for greeting guests and showcasing products at the Omni Nashville's upscale boutique retail shop, The Five and Tenn. The Retail Sales Associate performs the role of a shopkeeper, presenting merchandise to customers, assisting with merchandise selection, and facilitating the sales transaction.
- Stocks shelves, counters, tables and similar display fixtures with merchandise in a fashion that maximizes product visibility and promotes sales.
- Arranges signage and advertising collateral in an attractive fashion.
- Sell merchandise to guests.
- Responsible for shop cleanliness, proper displays, placing new merchandise on floor as well as insuring all items are properly tagged and inventory control.
- Affix accurate prices to merchandise with stamps, tags, labels and similar methods.
- Provides suggestions, information, and similar assistance to customers as requested.
- Maintains substantial knowledge of products in assigned store as well as general product knowledge regarding merchandise for sale in other retail outlets on property.
- Accurately record sales and other transactions using the point of sale system. Accept payment and make change as necessary following established accounting procedures.
- Maintains continuous effort to clean shelves, counters, tables, fixtures, glass and floors.
- Maintains awareness to all safety precautions and procedures to ensure a safe atmosphere for guests and employee partners.
- Completes daily sales reports for analysis.
- Is aware of current monthly sales performance and increases sales per hour and units per transaction as required.
- Participates in periodic merchandise inventory as scheduled.
- Minimum 1 year in front of house customer service role required, preferably in a hotel, resort or retail environment.
- Previous cash handling experience required.
- Must be able to learn product details and perform sales responsibilities for items offered.
- Ability to clearly and pleasantly communicate both verbally and in writing in English with guests, management and co-workers, both in person and by telephone.
- Ability to work cohesively with co-workers both within and outside of your department.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to handle stressful situations, while maintaining a calm and welcoming demeanor.
- Excellent customer service and problem solving skills.
- Developed computer proficiencies, MICROS experience a plus.
- Must be able to work a variety of shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing up to 30 pounds without assistance.
- Requires bending, kneeling and reaching overhead.
- Stand or walk for an extended period or for an entire work shift.
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .