We Are Hiring
Technician-Pharmacy - Pharmacy Services IP -
PRN, Rotating - St Thomas West D&T Bldg - Nashville,TN
Must commit to every other weekend, 16 hours per month minimum.
Why Join Ascension?
In Tennessee, Ascension's Saint Thomas Health operates nine hospitals in addition to a comprehensive network of affiliated joint ventures, medical practices, clinics and rehabilitation facilities covering a 68-county area and employing more than 8,000 associates. Across the state, Saint Thomas Health provides a wide variety of inpatient and outpatient services. The clinical programs and medical facilities are continuously updated to meet both the changing needs of the community and the challenges posed by innovations in technology.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Saint Thomas Health Svcs-TN, you will have the opportunity to providedistributive pharmacy services and technical support for the pharmacist.
- Refills and maintains automated dispensing systems.
- Prepares orders and maintains inventory for the pharmacy department.
- Repackages bulk medications.
- Receives and stores incoming supplies.
- Serves as liaison between pharmacy, patient and health professional by providing information as necessary.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- RegisteredPharmacy Techcredentialed from theTennessee Board of Pharmacyobtained within3 Months (90 days)of hire date or job transfer date.Pharmacy students actively enrolled in a school of pharmacy are not required to have certification/registration.
- One or more of the following:
- CertifiedPharmacy Techcredentialed from theNational Healthcare Associationobtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.Pharmacy students actively enrolled in a school of pharmacy are not required to have certification/registration.
- CertifiedPharmacy Techcredentialed from thePharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB)obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.Pharmacy students actively enrolled in a school of pharmacy are not required to have certification/registration.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required
- None required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Saint Thomas Health Services complies with all applicable federal and state laws prohibiting discrimination in hiring or employment practices on the basis of citizenship, race, color, religion, gender, age, national and ethnic origin, disability, or veteran status.
No question or item on this application for employment is intended to secure information to be used for such discrimination. Information obtained through this application will be used solely to determine qualifications and suitability for employment. This application will be valid for a period of 90 days from date of completion.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Saint Thomas Healthparticipates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)