The Omni Nashville Hotel was specially created to be an authentic expression of Nashville's vibrant music culture. Across from the new Music City Center, the luxury hotel is a one-of-a-kind experience, fully integrated with an expansion of the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum on four levels. Located on Fifth Avenue between Demonbreun and Korean Veterans Blvd. The Omni Nashville Hotel design is a modern expression of the city's distinct character, incorporating natural materials, exposed steel and regional limestone. The multi-story hotel and expanded museum shares meeting and entertainment space and brings additional restaurants and retail venues to this dynamic destination in downtown Nashville.
The Omni Nashville Hotel's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Nashville may be your perfect match.
To ensure all guests are greeted and seated in a friendly and courteous manner using appropriate procedures, in accordance with Omni Standards.
- Answer phone calls.
- Seating guests.
- Control heavy volume at Restaurant entrance.
- Knowledge of hotel property.
- Inform the guest about buffets.
- Attend to and anticipate guests' needs.
- Familiarization with menu.
- Greeting guests.
- Knowledge of daily specials.
- Minimum 1 year experience hosting in a high volume restaurant. Combinations of experience in customer service and food/beverage may be considered.
- Open Table knowledge preferred.
- Previous cash handling experience.
- Ability to clearly and pleasantly communicate in English with guests, management and co-workers, with the ability to answer guest questions and describe menu items.
- Developed customer service skills with refined phone etiquette.
- Professional appearance, high energy and the ability to naturally engage with guests.
- Ability to handle stressful situations, while maintaining a calm and welcoming demeanor.
- Ability to work cohesively with co-workers both within and outside of your department.
- Ability to prioritize, organize and follow up on guest requests and needs in a fast paced environment.
- Must be TABC certified.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing up to 20 pounds without assistance. Requires frequent bending, reaching overhead and twisting.
- Stand or walk for an extended period or for an entire work shift.
- Must be able to work a variety of shifts, including weekends and holidays.
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .