The Omni Nashville Hotel was specially created to be an authentic expression of Nashville's vibrant music culture. Across from the new Music City Center, the luxury hotel is a one-of-a-kind experience, fully integrated with an expansion of the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum on four levels. Located on Fifth Avenue between Demonbreun and Korean Veterans Blvd. The Omni Nashville Hotel design is a modern expression of the city's distinct character, incorporating natural materials, exposed steel and regional limestone. The multi-story hotel and expanded museum shares meeting and entertainment space and brings additional restaurants and retail venues to this dynamic destination in downtown Nashville.
The Omni Nashville Hotel's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Nashville may be your perfect match.
To ensure that all Banquets and other Food and Beverage outlets have the required quantities of sanitized equipment/supplies to meet the business needs of the hotel.
- Responsible for the efficient and effective running of the Steward Department ensuring that operating costs are minimized.
- To execute company and hotel policies and procedures relating to the Stewarding Department, thereby ensuring that the services provided achieve the established standards of performance, within the agreed budgetary controls.
- To advise the Food and Beverage Director on all matters relating to the Stewarding Department.
- To be responsible for a high standard of sanitation throughout the Stewarding areas.
- To assist the Executive Chef and Director of Food & Beverage in the preparation of the Stewarding Department budget. When agreed, should control all overheads throughout the oncoming year to report to the Executive Chef variances from actual and budget with reasons and recommendations for remedial action.
- To work with the Executive Chef on the purchasing of all cleaning supplies, china, glassware, cutlery and equipment.
- Responsible for storage, requisitioning of all materials and equipment
- Taking and calculating of material stock (inventory) as required.
- Reporting to the Food and Beverage Director all breakages, cleaning supply consumption, etc.
- In conjunction with the Food and Beverage Director, establish standards of performance for the Stewarding Department.
- Maintaining all equipment to a high standard, i.e.: dishwashers, burnishes, etc., and reporting to maintenance any defects.
- To actively participate in the critical path task sheet for the food and beverage department.
- To conduct/attend all required department meetings.
- To perform all duties applicable to a department manager within the hotel.
- To plan/organize/control the efficient and effective utilization of all stewarding production staff, especially in scheduling and controlling overtime.
- To interview/recruit suitable staff for the operation, in conjunction with personnel and the executive chef.
- To oversee the training/development of all stewarding staff by ensuring that effective on and off the job training is carried out.
- Be aware of state legislation in employment and industrial relations.
- Daily labor controls and administer payroll for staff ensuring associates are paid accurately.
- Create weekly stewarding schedules and have executive chef approve.
- Oversee planning, assigning, and directing work, conducting performance appraisals and all aspects of performance management for staff.
- Champion the Omni / Power of One culture.
- Minimum 4 years progressive Management experience. Previous experience as an Executive Steward or Assistant Executive Steward level management position of a high-volume facility, preferred.
- Ability to communicate written and orally in English on an intermediate level.
- Ability and willingness to work a varied schedule which includes working on weekends and holidays.
- Computer literacy with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Maintain a professional business appearance, attitude, and performance.
- Maintain cleanliness of work area at all times.
- Demonstrate ability to lead by example.
- Experience training and developing employees with limited education/experience.
- Strong customer service orientation and skills.
- Excellent safety and sanitation skills.
- Food safety certification is required.
- Able to deliver and communicate to diverse crowd of associates.
- Ability to quickly evaluate alternatives and decide on a plan of action.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time, walk, push, pull, stoop, bend and lift items of moderate to heavy weight daily.
- Good eye/hand coordination needed to use all stewarding equipment.
- Sufficient manual dexterity needed in hands to operate machinery and equipment as needed.
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to email@example.com .