Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook’s Client Security team is seeking a highly talented and motivated Security Engineer who is passionate about solving complex security problems at scale. Client Security Engineers design and develop solutions to ensure Facebook data and systems can only be accessed by trusted devices, and that applicable security policies are enforced on devices.
1. Drive Facebook’s trusted devices vision by building tools that enable connectivity to our infrastructure only from Facebook owned and managed devices
2. Build machine attestation and secure certificate storage solutions to enable strong client trust
3. Deploy systems that help mitigate security risks by understanding and controlling what software is allowed to execute on our client devices
4. Develop, validate, and enforce our client security policies
5. Build and deploy tools and automation that proactively detect and respond to security risks and threats to internal corporate services
6. Advise and collaborate with other teams
7. 2+ years of software development experience in PHP, Golang, Python, C\C++, Rust, or Ruby
8. Experience applying fundamental security concepts to systems
9. Experience designing and deploying security infrastructure (such as PKI, key management, and certificate management)
10. B.S. in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience
11. Mobile Security Experience on iOS and Android platforms including MDM, security policy
12. OS development experience (Windows, Mac, Linux.)
13. Experience managing PKI for client devices
**Equal Opportunity:** Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.