**Position Title:** Sr. Demand Planner (Writing)
**Reports to:** Demand Planning Manager
**Location:** Minneapolis, MN or Atlanta, GA
This position has ownership of demand planning activities for our largest and most strategic customers and is responsible for ensuring the demand planning process delivers a reliable forecast as a key input to the supply planning system. As a Sr Demand Planner, He/she will focus on:
• Working with the Business Units, Sales, Operations, Supply Planning and Finance teams in the Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) process to assure alignment in between the forecast and financial plans
• Developing and monitoring process metrics to drive process conformance, problem solving and improvement
• Identifying quantified risks within the demand plan, reviewing gaps with Customer and Trade teams and developing appropriate countermeasures for resolution
• Managing directly and indirectly the input of SKU/DC/Customer requirements for replenishment, promotions, events, seasonal volumes and adds/deletes and validating plans directly with the customer
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Create and/or maintain forecasting models for each item at each stocking location and for every customer within designated product lines to achieve established forecast accuracy goals.
• Executing the demand planning process, clarifying ambiguity, developing approaches to new conditions, addressing bias and delivering forecasts of unconstrained customer level demand.
• Leading the forecast collaboration process with Customer and Channel Trade teams to provide a baseline dollar forecast for lower level forecast alignment.
• Collaborates with, and challenges where appropriate, the account facing logistics team to drive alignment with sales dollar forecasts.
• Reviewing system generated statistical forecast for account level sku/dc inconsistencies and making adjustments across the planning horizon by utilizing customer prior shipments, POS data, knowledge of business unit trends, and upcoming promotions to guide decision making.
• Manage demand history to realign forecasts based on item version changes, customer entity changes, etc.
• Update forecasts to assist in the conversion (run out) from one item to another.
• Ensuring that all discrete forecasts are appropriately added to the system, including promotions, events, POG’s, discontinued and new products, and version changes.
• Prepare and present the demand plan and its assumptions, drivers and risks during the S&OP Demand Review meeting.
• Communicating with plants, Supply Planning, Trade, Sales and Finance to ensure translation of the demand plan across and through the organization.
• Problem solving the highest causes of error by researching error, determining root cause and driving for improvement.
• Supporting growth and innovation as a thought leader on developing, monitoring and changing of the demand plan.
OTHER DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Contribute to the success of the overall business by representing supply chain interests in cross-functional project teams to implement changes to business processes
• Operating as a strategic thought leader/change agent working collaboratively with the supply chain teams on priority initiatives that optimize service, inventory and cost for the total value chain
• Mentors and trains team members on systems and processes as well as trading partners and groups in other business units or departments
• Identifies opportunities for improvement, makes constructive suggestions for change and drive for results
*Will perform other duties as assigned.
Successful candidate will have:
• College degree in Supply Chain Management, Engineering, Business Management or related technical field.
• Minimum 2 years’ experience. Ideal experiences:
• Experience across multiple aspects of the supply chain with previous roles in inventory management, manufacturing planning and/or forecasting.
• Advanced knowledge of statistical modeling and demand systems (e.g. JDA, Logility, etc.)
• Direct interaction with customers.
• Expertise in data acquisition, spreadsheet/database development and analysis.
• Experience utilizing Lean principles and tools (Flow, Pull, Kanban, Kaizen, Value Stream Mapping, etc.).
• Ability to:
• Process large amounts of data and deliver a concise recommendation.
• Influence others and drive cross-functional alignment.
• Communicate at various organizational levels and back-up thoughts with facts.
• Build strong, collaborative relationships with internal and external business partners.
• Work effectively in a constantly changing, fast paced team environment.
• Manage your own schedule and exhibit flexibility to support multiple projects while meeting all deadlines.
• Advanced Excel skills.
• Proficiency with Access, PowerPoint and other MS Office applications, and supply chain planning and optimization tools.
• SAP APO or Power BI experience is a plus
• Strong communication (written, verbal and presentation) and organizational skills.
• Strong results orientation and work ethic; able to work independently.
• Occasional travel required to Company, customer and/or partner locations in support of supply chain initiatives.
• Past Target experienced a plus
Newell Brands (NASDAQ: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate, Sharpie, Dymo, EXPO, Parker, Elmers, Coleman, Marmot, Oster, Sunbeam, FoodSaver, Mr. Coffee, Graco, Baby Jogger, NUK, Calphalon, Rubbermaid, Contigo, First Alert, and Yankee Candle. For hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands makes life better every day, where they live, learn, work and play. Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal OpportunityEmployers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.
Newell Brands is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We provide all employees and applicants for employment with equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, immigration status, marital status, military status, any covered veteran status, disability status, genetic information, caregiving responsibilities or any other basis prohibited by law.