Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook the company serves over 2.7 Billion people across its family of apps and technologies including Messenger, Instagram, WhatsApp and Oculus.
Messenger is one of the most popular products in the world for people to connect and interact. It is used by over 1.3 billion people monthly to connect with family, friends and business through text, photo and video messages, audio and video calls, expressive features... and much more. As the product rapidly evolves, we are reintroducing the brand and laying the foundations for a timeless, emotive brand and convey the value of Messenger.
Messenger is looking for a Head of Brand Strategy with proven experience of establishing and growing strong brands. We are looking for someone who is both humble and inspiring - able to unlock the human and cultural story behind every data point, challenge assumptions and inspire creatives and product teams to develop impactful marketing strategies in service of real human needs.
To be successful at our company, you need to embrace the hacker ethos: an ability to move fast, iterate and always be adding value. The successful candidate will need to be tenacious and open, creative and analytical. This person must be able to connect the dots between the business and product strategy with the brand strategy, extract true insights and translate into inspiring briefs that spark world class creative. Candidate must have a proven ability to: use data to identify insights and build compelling stories, ask and answer different and difficult questions, inspire and support teams with data, evaluate work, learn and adapt quickly.
This role is located in Menlo Park and will report to the Head of Messenger Marketing.
1. Become an expert of Messenger's products and audience
2. Develop sharply focused brand strategy and architecture
3. Manage and develop team member Brand Strategist(s)
4. Commission and analyze research (qualitative, quantitative, ethnographic), collaborating with internal research teams as well as working with external specialists
5. Analyze Cultural, Technological and Market trends to inform strategic and creative development
6. Capture and bring to life powerful human insights
7. Apply focused strategy across diverse, concurrent campaigns and partnerships
8. Champion the human, making sure we are focused on the needs of real people, in the real world
9. Develop and deliver inspiring creative briefs
10. Collaborate and support creative teams before and after the briefing
11. Clear and compelling presentation of strategies and ideas to executive stakeholders
12. Be the brand evangelist and influence company leadership and cross-functional teams, ensuring brand strategy is reflected in work and activities
13. 12+ years experience as a brand planner or strategist at a brand or creative agency, consultancy or internal brand-based team
14. 5+ years brand strategy leadership experience
15. Demonstrated experience building brand strategies and architectures
16. Experience translating insights, ideas, and data into customer value
17. Experience partnering with cross-functional teams in a matrixed organization and build influential and collaborative relationships
18. Proven experience developing, and establishing executive alignment
19. BA/BS Degree
20. Experience working in-house and with agencies
21. Experience working in the tech sector
22. Entrepreneurial spirit and ability to be successful in fast-paced environment
**Equal Opportunity:** Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.