We Are Hiring
Ophthalmic Technician | Midway Road Ophthalmology |Part Time Days | 24 Hours Weekly; Hours are typically three8 hour shifts per week. The clinic open Monday-Friday 8a-5p. We are looking for a candidate who can be flexible with scheduling.
**This is a benefit eligible position - medical, dental, vision, 403b and a generous PTO plan**
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension Wisconsin operates 24 hospital campuses and more than 100 related healthcare facilities from Racine to Eagle River. Ascension Wisconsin employs more than 1,300 primary and specialty care clinicians. Ascension Wisconsin is a faith-based healthcare organization that has been serving the state since 1848. In FY2018, Ascension Wisconsin provided more than $292 million in community benefit, including care of persons living in poverty.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ministry Health Care, you will have the opportunity to performbasic patient care and ophthalmic testing procedures as directed by an Ophthalmologist.
- Prepares examination and treatment rooms.
- Obtains patient history, performs basic and routine vision screening examinations, administers eye medications and assists with minor office procedures.
- Reviews the appointment schedule, completes forms, and processes records.
- Cleans and maintains ophthalmic instruments. Maintains and stocks supplies as needed.
- Teaches proper contact lens care to insure proper insertion and removal and proper sanitary conditions.
- Confirms accuracy of contact lens and glasses deliveries and dispenses according to physician direction and patient preference.
What You Will Need
- Preferred Credential(s):
- BLS Providercredentialed from theAmerican Heart Association (AHA).
- Certificationspecializing inOpthalmology.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required
- None required. Previous Opthalmology experience preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Wisconsin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against employees or prospective employees on basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, disability, arrest and/or conviction record, military status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by law.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement