WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock's 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com .
WestRock is currently seeking a Feeder Glue Operator Trainee on the night shift.
1659 East Court St. Marion, NC, 28752
The Feeder/Glue Operator Trainee is responsible for feeding gluers and training on all duties of the Gluer Operator.
How you will impact WestRock:
- Feeds machines upon completion of make-ready.
- Throughout production run, perform checks to ensure cartons are folding properly and glue application is consistent and accurate.
- Monitors identification bars on multiple order jobs to prevent mixed items.
- Monitors Leary Detection system to ensure quality product.
- Ensures any non-conforming materials are identified.
- Sets up and utilizes Label-Aire equipment for jobs that require tags or labels.
- Will be responsible for the repair and preventative maintenance of gluers. Either individually or with the assistance of Maintenance Personnel.
- Performs line clearance according to established QOP.
- Reviews job jacket to determine specifications and/or special instructions for job and examines approved sample to determine gluing areas folding areas, and pre-breaks required to produce carton.
- Sets up and makes adjustments to gluer to achieve specifications including proper fold/gluing, opening force, score balance.
- Makes a determination as to the number of cartons to pack in case to provide consistent case counts.
- Examines glue pot and if necessary, clean; check level of glue in glue pot on all gluers and in drum for extrusion systems.
- Sets barcode scanner, challenges barcode scanner to ensure proper function.
- Sets Leary Detection system (glue scanner); challenges all functions to ensure proper quality.
- Begins production run.
- Works closely with Managers and Supervisors to insure proper crewing and schedule for the shift.
- Trains new associates hired for trainee positions.
- Trains existing operators on additional pieces of equipment (i.e. gluers, Label-Aire equipment, hot melt equipment, Leary systems, etc.)
- Assists other operators during make-readies.
- Troubleshoots machine issues and reasons for non-conforming product.
What you need to succeed:
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent G.E.D.
- Prior experience as a Glue Operator. (Lead Glue Operator).
- 5-years work related experience in a manufacturing environment and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience. (Glue Operator & Lead Operator)
- Good computer skills - data entry & various machine functions controlled by computer.
- Good problem-solving skills - able to diagnose problems on gluer as well as assist others with the same.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instruction.
- Good communicator and able to monitor Finishing team members to enable them to perform assigned responsibilities accurately.
- Must have high-level working knowledge of finishing machine.
- High-level mechanical aptitude, high in order to perform basic to advanced make ready on Finishing equipment.
- Ability to follow established QOP/WI is critical.
- Quality-minded and proficient when it comes to fine detail.
- Able to stand for long periods of time while feeding gluers, highly repetitive at times.
- Good vision a must.
- Able to use technical knowledge to recognize/generate improvements in process, procedure, and operations
- Able to work without close supervision while producing a high yield of product.
What we offer:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence.
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities.
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential.
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.