We Are Hiring
Technician-Medical Lab (MLT) - General Lab
Ascension Via Christi Hospital Manhattan- Manhattan, KS
Evening shift 2p-10p
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension Via Christi has a rich history of serving the people of Kansas and the surrounding region, which dates back more than 125 years to the healing ministries of our founding congregations. Today, our integrated health system - with hospitals, physician clinics, therapy centers and other health services - is the largest healthcare provider in Kansas.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Via Christi Health, you will have the opportunity to performroutine diagnostic/analytic testing of laboratory specimens, and interpret, document and reporttest results under the supervision of a medical technologist/medical laboratory scientist.
- Implements, validates, and reports laboratory test results.
- Performs instrument maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Conducts quality control and quality assurance testings.
- Maintains supplies needed for performance of tests.
- Assists with data collection or special projects as assigned.
- Demonstrates in depth knowledge of the policies and procedures for patient preparation, sample requirements, specimen collection, and pre-analytical factors that affect sample quality.
- Responsible for training and mentoring of staff and students.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- One or more of the following:
- CertifiedMedicalLaboratory Techcredentialed from theAmerican Medical Technologists (AMT)obtained within12 Months (1 year)of hire date or job transfer date.Certification through the American Board of Bioanalysis (ABB) will also be accepted.
- CertifiedMedicalLaboratory Techcredentialed from theAmerican Society for Clinical Pathology Board of Certification (ASCP-BOC)obtained within12 Months (1 year)of hire date or job transfer date.
- One or more of the following:
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required.
- None required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Via Christi Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer. Applicants receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
Please see the link below for more information.
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Ascension Health -VIA Christiparticipates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)