Omni Louisville Hotel is the new cornerstone of downtown, which opened its doors on March 6, 2018. Reflecting the past, present and future of our vibrant Kentucky town and inspired by the city's rich history and authentic character, the Omni Louisville transforms one of the city's most significant urban blocks into a unique and vibrant mixed-use environment offering hotel guests, residents and locals a chance to connect and enjoy the best of a great city.
The hotel is a prominent landmark against the Louisville skyline, glistening during the day and glowing at night, with the iconic glassy ends of the 612 room hotel. The hotel pool and rooftop bar, designed for seamless indoor and outdoor integration, allows guests to rest, relax and socialize with downtown Louisville as the backdrop. The essence of Louisville is woven throughout with interior design blends elements of the city's heritage, culture and character, felt everywhere from the hotel restaurants to a featured bourbon bar to the hotel's Speakeasy and bowling alley.
Guests can also enjoy a dynamic 20,000 square foot urban food hall and market connected to the lobby of the hotel. Transforming Liberty Street into a pedestrian thoroughfare, the market serves as a community gateway for hotel guests and locals alike, inviting the neighborhood in with the smells of freshly brewed Heine Brothers' coffee, baked bread, and smoked barbeque.
To maintain daily role/function of the food, beverage and general storerooms.
- Responsible for proper receiving, storing and issuing of all food and beverage products in the storerooms under the guidance of the storeroom manager.
- Inspect and unpack all merchandise received, and stocks/stores it.
- Assists storeroom manager in keeping the storeroom properly organized by sorting by group as stated by the storeroom manager.
- Assists in pricing and dating with a "pricing gun" all groceries and canned goods; also being aware of the importance of the first in/first out (F.I.F.O.) rotation.
- Strictly adheres to the operating hours of the storerooms.
- Assist storeroom manager in filling General Storeroom requisitions.
- Assist in end-of-month inventories.
- Keep all unauthorized persons "off premises"; check requisitions for proper authorization.
- Assists storeroom manager in the inspection of the refrigeration units and brings to his attention any deviation from the set temperatures as well as any deterioration of the quality of the perishables (record temperature on a daily log).
- Responsible for the cleaning of all storerooms.
- To follow/adhere to Omni Hotels operating procedures and local health regulations.
- Start a list for out of stocks/goods not received "items" so that follow-up can be made
- Verify that no requisitions are left open (all requisitions should be completed and closed out).
- Check and lock all coolers/storeroom doors before departure at end-of-day.
- Experience in purchasing/receiving and/or previous hotel experience preferred.
- Highly motivated self-starter focused on quality, organization, cleanliness and teamwork.
- The ability to work in a fast paced, high-pressure work environment while executing delegated tasks/assignments and while working as a team player.
- Ability to clearly, pleasantly communicate both verbally and in writing in English with management and co-workers, both in person and by telephone.
- Ability to accurately and efficiently input information into computer systems
- Ability to work cohesively with co-workers both within and outside of your department
- Must be service oriented and possess a friendly approachable demeanor.
- Ability to read requisitions and complete orders as requested.
- Requires frequent bending, reaching overhead and squatting. Lift, carry, and place objects weighing up to 50 lbs. without assistance and 100 lbs. with assistance.
- Push/pull objects weighing up to 75 lbs. without assistance.
- Be able to work a flexible schedule, including early morning hours, holidays and weekends.