Omni Louisville Hotel is the new cornerstone of downtown, which opened its doors on March 6, 2018. Reflecting the past, present and future of our vibrant Kentucky town and inspired by the city's rich history and authentic character, the Omni Louisville transforms one of the city's most significant urban blocks into a unique and vibrant mixed-use environment offering hotel guests, residents and locals a chance to connect and enjoy the best of a great city.
The hotel is a prominent landmark against the Louisville skyline, glistening during the day and glowing at night, with the iconic glassy ends of the 612 room hotel. The hotel pool and rooftop bar, designed for seamless indoor and outdoor integration, allows guests to rest, relax and socialize with downtown Louisville as the backdrop. The essence of Louisville is woven throughout with interior design blends elements of the city's heritage, culture and character, felt everywhere from the hotel restaurants to a featured bourbon bar to the hotel's Speakeasy and bowling alley.
Guests can also enjoy a dynamic 20,000 square foot urban food hall and market connected to the lobby of the hotel. Transforming Liberty Street into a pedestrian thoroughfare, the market serves as a community gateway for hotel guests and locals alike, inviting the neighborhood in with the smells of freshly brewed Heine Brothers' coffee, baked bread, and smoked barbeque.
The Short Order Cook 2 position will prepare and cook all menu items according to Omni specifications and standards and work in conjunction with all other culinary staff to ensure the safe and clean function of the kitchen.
- Communication with the Executive Chef to learn daily work tasks and complete a daily prep list.
- Performing work assignments to meet proper quantities within a necessary period.
- Soliciting orders from guests
- Being knowledgeable of plate presentations and preparations of all menu items.
- Communication of all food items needed for current and future shifts.
- Maintain sanitation standards as communicated by health department.
- Maintain cleanliness of work area and shared kitchen spaces.
- Preparing culinary dishes to Omni standard and executing F&B orders in a timely manner.
- Completing any other assignments as assigned by Kitchen Management.
- Be pleasant, smile and greet all guests, using surnames when obtained. Create memorable, WOW experiences for each guest.
- Candidates must have a culinary degree and one year of culinary experience in a hotel or restaurant, or two years of culinary experience without a degree.
- Highly motivated self-starter focused on quality, organization, cleanliness and teamwork.
- The ability to work in a fast paced, high-pressure work environment while executing delegated tasks and assignments.
- Excellent customer service and verbal communication skills
- Able to maintain a professional business appearance, attitude, and performance
- Stand or walk for an extended period or for an entire work shift. Requires frequent bending, reaching overhead and squatting. Lift, carry, and place objects weighing up to 50 lbs. without assistance. Push/pull objects weighing up to 75 lbs. without assistance.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including night and overnight shifts, weekends and holidays.
End of Job Description