Omni Louisville Hotel is the new cornerstone of downtown, which opened its doors on March 6, 2018. Reflecting the past, present and future of our vibrant Kentucky town and inspired by the city's rich history and authentic character, the Omni Louisville transforms one of the city's most significant urban blocks into a unique and vibrant mixed-use environment offering hotel guests, residents and locals a chance to connect and enjoy the best of a great city.
The hotel is a prominent landmark against the Louisville skyline, glistening during the day and glowing at night, with the iconic glassy ends of the 612 room hotel. The hotel pool and rooftop bar, designed for seamless indoor and outdoor integration, allows guests to rest, relax and socialize with downtown Louisville as the backdrop. The essence of Louisville is woven throughout with interior design blends elements of the city's heritage, culture and character, felt everywhere from the hotel restaurants to a featured bourbon bar to the hotel's Speakeasy and bowling alley.
Guests can also enjoy a dynamic 20,000 square foot urban food hall and market connected to the lobby of the hotel. Transforming Liberty Street into a pedestrian thoroughfare, the market serves as a community gateway for hotel guests and locals alike, inviting the neighborhood in with the smells of freshly brewed Heine Brothers' coffee, baked bread, and smoked barbeque.
The Kitchen Supervisor will assist in the overall operation of the culinary team in In Room Dining. Partnering with F&B management, this individual is responsible for creating schedules, executing orders, and ensuring a quality experience for hotel guests.
- Controls the quality and consistency of all food served.
- Creates and adjusts work schedule according to workloads and occupancy.
- Order and receive ingredients and culinary supplies.
- Consistently conduct departmental line-ups.
- Maintains cleanliness of all food prep and production areas.
- Conducts a month end inventory of all products.
- Ensure work areas are set no less than 15 minutes prior to service.
- Ensure all food supplies necessary for service are in appropriate supply on a timely basis.
- Assist in controlling food cost.
- Assist in producing and plating plates.
- Prepare and properly store food items for advanced production.
- Report any maintenance or security problems to the appropriate department promptly.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, to include: AM/PM, weekends, holidays.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time (at least 8 hours/shift).
- Ability to ensure efficient, effective operation of the food production outlet(s).
- Ability to satisfactorily communicate (verbal and written) in English with vendors, co-workers, and management.
- Ability to read and comprehend detailed instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written and/or oral instructions.
- Ability to write and perform daily prep list and par sheets.
- Ability to meet Omni Hotels & Resorts qualify and performance standards.
- Ability to update and maintain inventory.
- Self motivated, and ability to work with limited supervision.