Omni Louisville Hotel is the new cornerstone of downtown, which opened its doors on March 6, 2018. Reflecting the past, present and future of our vibrant Kentucky town and inspired by the city's rich history and authentic character, the Omni Louisville transforms one of the city's most significant urban blocks into a unique and vibrant mixed-use environment offering hotel guests, residents and locals a chance to connect and enjoy the best of a great city.
The hotel is a prominent landmark against the Louisville skyline, glistening during the day and glowing at night, with the iconic glassy ends of the 612 room hotel. The hotel pool and rooftop bar, designed for seamless indoor and outdoor integration, allows guests to rest, relax and socialize with downtown Louisville as the backdrop. The essence of Louisville is woven throughout with interior design blends elements of the city's heritage, culture and character, felt everywhere from the hotel restaurants to a featured bourbon bar to the hotel's Speakeasy and bowling alley.
Guests can also enjoy a dynamic 20,000 square foot urban food hall and market connected to the lobby of the hotel. Transforming Liberty Street into a pedestrian thoroughfare, the market serves as a community gateway for hotel guests and locals alike, inviting the neighborhood in with the smells of freshly brewed Heine Brothers' coffee, baked bread, and smoked barbeque.
Our Housekeeeping Houseperson ensures that assigned Housekeeping areas are kept clean and fully stocked. This position also services assigned public areas to meet Omni standards.
- Ensures that assigned service landing closets are stocked at proper linen and supply par levels
- Empties Guest Room Attendants' linens on an hourly basis or as needed
- Empties Guest Room Attendants' garbage on an hourly basis or as needed
- Communicate with Guest Room Attendants and assist them with stripping guest rooms
- Keeps the service landings and ice machine room clean and organized
- Removes trays from the guest floors
- Keeps corridors on guest room floors clean
- Maintains cleanliness of stairwells
- Dusts baseboards and pictures in guest corridors on a daily basis
- Ensures all guest room doors remain free of scuff marks
- Moves furniture upon request
- Completes guest requests
- Has a sense of urgency in a fast paced environment
- Ensures hotel guests and associates are maintained in a safe and secure environment
- Previous housekeeping experience preferred (hotel preferred, although other environmental services positions will be considered)
- Strong attention to detail is required
- Must be able to stand or walk for an extended period or for an entire work shift
- Requires frequent bending, reaching overhead and squatting
- Must be able to lift, carry, and place objects weighing up to 30 lbs without assistance and a minimum of 100 lbs with assistance
- Must be able to push/pull objects weighing up to 75 lbs without assistance
- Good communication, time management, follow-through, and customer services skills are required
- Must be able to work around a variety of chemicals and be able to respond to hazardous situations
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays