Omni Louisville Hotel is the new cornerstone of downtown, which opened its doors on March 6, 2018. Reflecting the past, present and future of our vibrant Kentucky town and inspired by the city's rich history and authentic character, the Omni Louisville transforms one of the city's most significant urban blocks into a unique and vibrant mixed-use environment offering hotel guests, residents and locals a chance to connect and enjoy the best of a great city.
The hotel is a prominent landmark against the Louisville skyline, glistening during the day and glowing at night, with the iconic glassy ends of the 612 room hotel. The hotel pool and rooftop bar, designed for seamless indoor and outdoor integration, allows guests to rest, relax and socialize with downtown Louisville as the backdrop. The essence of Louisville is woven throughout with interior design blends elements of the city's heritage, culture and character, felt everywhere from the hotel restaurants to a featured bourbon bar to the hotel's Speakeasy and bowling alley.
Guests can also enjoy a dynamic 20,000 square foot urban food hall and market connected to the lobby of the hotel. Transforming Liberty Street into a pedestrian thoroughfare, the market serves as a community gateway for hotel guests and locals alike, inviting the neighborhood in with the smells of freshly brewed Heine Brothers' coffee, baked bread, and smoked barbeque.
The role of the Overnight Front Office Supervisor is to ensure the appropriate checking in and checking out of guests in a courteous and professional manner while maintaining four star/four diamond standards. Additionally, he/she will be responsible for handling guest issues and forwarding along as needed during the overnight shift.
- To be thoroughly acquainted with all check-in policies and procedures.
- To be experienced with various guest scenarios.
- To be familiar with all technical equipment related to the Front Desk.
- To be familiar with all hotel facilities and offerings.
- To understand the influence and importance of all departments on the Front Desk.
- Responsible for the training of new associates.
- Must be familiar with shift checklist and be able to run the desk in absence of the Assistant Manager.
- Understand and be able to perform rooms control duties.
- Broad knowledge of Epitome, Synergy and Vingcard systems.
- Familiar with all reservation special packages.
- Understand all radio codes and emergency procedures.
- Minimum of 1 year Front Office or Guest Service experience required. Hospitality leadership experience outside of these departments may be considered. Strong understanding of front office hotel procedures and practices required.
- Previous cash handling experience required
- Ability to clearly and pleasantly communicate both verbally and in writing in English with guests, management and co-workers, both in person and by telephone
- Ability to work cohesively with co-workers both within and outside of your department
- Ability to compute accurate mathematical calculations
- Ability to think clearly, quickly and make concise decisions
- Ability to prioritize, organize and follow up
- Ability to work well under pressure, dealing with many arrivals and departures within a short period of time
- Ability to handle stressful situations, while maintaining a calm and welcoming demeanor.
- Developed computer proficiencies, OPERA experience a plus.
- Able to work with management on special projects.
- Able to set priorities for the front office team and provide feedback to others that enhances performance.
- Candidate must have proven leadership skills and must be able to direct, develop and motivate staff.
- Ability to teach employees importance of, and how to greet guests and courteously solve requests
- Must be able to work a variety of shifts, including weekends and holidays
- Move, bend, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing up to 30 pounds without assistance. Stand or walk for an extended period or for an entire work shift. Requires repetitive motion, including utilizing telephone/computer for an extended period or for an entire shift.