Omni Louisville Hotel is the new cornerstone of downtown, which opened its doors on March 6, 2018. Reflecting the past, present and future of our vibrant Kentucky town and inspired by the city's rich history and authentic character, the Omni Louisville transforms one of the city's most significant urban blocks into a unique and vibrant mixed-use environment offering hotel guests, residents and locals a chance to connect and enjoy the best of a great city.
The hotel is a prominent landmark against the Louisville skyline, glistening during the day and glowing at night, with the iconic glassy ends of the 612 room hotel. The hotel pool and rooftop bar, designed for seamless indoor and outdoor integration, allows guests to rest, relax and socialize with downtown Louisville as the backdrop. The essence of Louisville is woven throughout with interior design blends elements of the city's heritage, culture and character, felt everywhere from the hotel restaurants to a featured bourbon bar to the hotel's Speakeasy and bowling alley.
Guests can also enjoy a dynamic 20,000 square foot urban food hall and market connected to the lobby of the hotel. Transforming Liberty Street into a pedestrian thoroughfare, the market serves as a community gateway for hotel guests and locals alike, inviting the neighborhood in with the smells of freshly brewed Heine Brothers' coffee, baked bread, and smoked barbeque.
The Catering Sales Manager will be responsible for ensuring booked affairs are in compliance with property policy while maintaining high standards of quality and efficiency. Maintaining optimum guest satisfaction and meeting or exceeding overall profitability objectives.
- Solicitation of direct-selling in the local Corporate Catering market.
- Event planning and detailing for booked events
- Maximize Catering revenues wherever possible and minimize erosion of check averages from price-sensitive groups. Communication of function-arrangement to all responsible hotel departments.
- Communication with clients prior to events to initiate, negotiate, and close contracts for all catered functions.
- Creation of profitable menus and distribution of client expectations to Food & Beverage Departments.
- Coordinate Catering support services (flowers, entertainment, decoration, A/V, etc.) to provide complete client satisfaction.
- Physically double-check all function arrangements against specifications of client. Correct where necessary.
- Client contract and effective communication to ensure repeat bookings.
- Update and increase client prospects through active prospecting
- Maximize revenues for the hotel through up-selling techniques.
Other duties as assigned by Director of Catering.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- College degree preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year hotel sales/catering experience and/or successful completion of Omni LID program.
- Knowledge of the operations of the hotel industry.
- Dynamic, enthusiastic, creative leader who thrives under pressure and is able to perform multiple functions and troubleshoot when needed.
- Command of the English language both written and verbal, with the ability to demonstrate warmth and empathy when engaging with others.
- Must have proven selling, negotiating and presentation skills.
- Requires knowledge of advanced sales techniques.
- Highly developed customer service skills with strong attention to detail.
- Proficient computer skills including but not limited to Microsoft Word, Power Point, Excel, and Outlook. Delphi experience preferred.
- The ability to delegate, effectively train and coach
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays.