Omni Louisville Hotel is the new cornerstone of downtown, which opened its doors on March 6, 2018. Reflecting the past, present and future of our vibrant Kentucky town and inspired by the city's rich history and authentic character, the Omni Louisville transforms one of the city's most significant urban blocks into a unique and vibrant mixed-use environment offering hotel guests, residents and locals a chance to connect and enjoy the best of a great city.
The hotel is a prominent landmark against the Louisville skyline, glistening during the day and glowing at night, with the iconic glassy ends of the 612 room hotel. The hotel pool and rooftop bar, designed for seamless indoor and outdoor integration, allows guests to rest, relax and socialize with downtown Louisville as the backdrop. The essence of Louisville is woven throughout with interior design blends elements of the city's heritage, culture and character, felt everywhere from the hotel restaurants to a featured bourbon bar to the hotel's Speakeasy and bowling alley.
Guests can also enjoy a dynamic 20,000 square foot urban food hall and market connected to the lobby of the hotel. Transforming Liberty Street into a pedestrian thoroughfare, the market serves as a community gateway for hotel guests and locals alike, inviting the neighborhood in with the smells of freshly brewed Heine Brothers' coffee, baked bread, and smoked barbeque.
This position ensures that all food and beverage service for functions in the banquet department of the hotel are served on time and that all of Omni's professional standards are upheld.
- Perform all Banquet side work as designated by the Banquet Captain and/or Banquet Managers.
- Efficiently and properly perform all service standards.
- Attend to all needs of the guests during functions and function related duties.
- Report to the Banquet Manager any need for housekeeping and/or repairs of and banquet equipment.
- Assist in the upkeep and organization of all liquor liability laws.
- Must be familiar with and adhere to all liquor liability laws.
- Must attend all designated pre-meal meetings.
- Must follow all details as described on Banquet Event Orders (BEO's).
- Must be able to set tables to specifications, carry trays, and have excellent customer service experience.
- Minimum 1 year banquet or fine dining serving experience; banquet experience strongly preferred.
- Previous experience with standard table sets and serving etiquette required.
- Ability to clearly and pleasantly communicate both verbally and in writing in English with guests, management and co-workers, both in person and by telephone
- Ability to work cohesively with co-workers both within and outside of your department
- Ability to compute accurate mathematical calculations and have previous cash handling experience
- Must be familiar with BEO's, Banquet Checks and Banquet Room Sets
- Ability to think clearly, quickly and make concise decisions
- Ability to prioritize, organize and follow up
- Ability to handle stressful situations, while maintaining a calm and welcoming demeanor.
- Must have experience in handling beverages.
- Must be actively TABC Certified.
- Ability to work flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays.
- Move, bend, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing up to 50 pounds without assistance. Stand or walk for an extended period or for an entire work shift in indoor/outdoor environments. Must be able to carry a banquet serving tray, filled to capacity, overhead/on shoulder.
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer - vets/disability. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .