About the Role:
As an Avanade Enterprise Security Architect, you will be working with a diverse team of security minded technologists in ensuring appropriate security measures are in place to protect our people, clients, and data. You enjoy working on innovative technologies to help improve and/or assist in creating new security tools and services to strengthen cyber resilience.
* Focuses on Data/Information Protection to understand, protect and govern organizational data.
* Designs, deploys and manages technology and process solutions to reduce the potential of data compromise.
* Creates and validates the detailed design of solution components in accordance with the target solution within a complex enterprise.
* Leads medium to large project general design and delivery (solution architecture and associated infrastructure or business and functional requirements).
* Takes full accountability to lead and manage work streams and ensure work is coordinated across different departments, processes, or initiatives.
* Creates the plan and executes, working with medium to large teams, within and outside the immediate group.
* Serves as an interface between Information Security Technology and Security Operations.
* Assists with technical issues, security incidents, audits, escalations, and resolution.
* Develops system security metrics and reporting by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
* Updates job knowledge by tracking and understanding emerging security practices and standards, participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations.
* Prepares and documents standard operating procedures and protocols.
* Delivers to a consistently high standard.
* Performs all other duties as assigned.
Desired Skills and Experience:
* Six or more years’ experience working in a large enterprise environment e.g., Amazon, Microsoft, Accenture, Google.
* Experience improving Data/Information security within a large enterprise leveraging Microsoft solutions and technology.
* Proven technical experience with Microsoft security solutions and cloud technologies, such as but not limited to:
o Microsoft Information Protection§ Understand, Protect and Govern Data§ Data Loss Prevention§ Insider Risk Management§ Data labeling
o Microsoft Purview - Compliance Portal
o Azure (IaaS/PaaS/SaaS)
o Azure Security
o Active Directory and Azure Active Directory
* Demonstrated ability to organize initiative/project level chaos and reduce time to deliver.
* Experience reorganizing process or procedures to increase efficiency and drive down time to serve.
* Good verbal and communication skills with diverse cross functional groups, and the ability to present effectively to small and large groups.
* Ability to plan, organize, prioritize, and delegate tasks to complete.
* Be the subject matter expert in multiple security and threat subject areas.
* Have a research-oriented mindset, naturally curious nature.
* Must be able to look at data from a lateral perspective, see the big picture.
* Always act with tact and integrity, and interface with a variety of people in a positive and productive manner.
* Strong problem solving / troubleshooting skills.
* Minimum of at least one current Microsoft security certification, if possible related to Azure or Defender solutions, and a desire to pursue more certifications.
* Preferred qualifications, such as CISSP, SANS, and/or Security+ certifications.
* Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related ﬁeld from an accredited institution or at least 3 years of military experience.
* Two years of successful progress towards a computer science or related degree with sufficient work experience might be considered in lieu of the degree.
Do you want to work in an environment that supports you? We believe in gender equity and an inclusive community! We offer a comprehensive benefits package: generous vacation allowance, disability coverage, retirement plans, paid maternity and paternity leave, life insurance, extended benefits to cover items that support your well-being, health, dental and vision insurance, professional development, and paid Microsoft certification opportunities.
Compensation for roles at Avanade varies depending on a wide array of factors including but not limited to the specific office location, role, skill set and level of experience. As required by local law, Avanade provides a reasonable range of compensation for roles that may be hired in New York and Colorado as set forth below and information on benefits offered is here.
Role Location / Range of Starting Pay for Role:
New York: $166,600 - $196,000
Colorado: $136,000 - $160,000
California: $150,450 - $185,000
Avanade® Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information or any other protected status.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here
and poster supplement is available here
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here
Avanade is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to Avanade at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (206) 239-5610 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
By using this site, you agree that we can place Cookies on your device. See our Job Applicant Data Privacy Statement and Cookies statement.