CVHCare, a leader in Home Health Clinical services, headquartered in beautiful San Ramon, CA, is currently seeking a Director of Nursing to join our NEW Woodland Hills, CA office. This is a great opportunity to join an established leader in the industry, with the freedom to put your skills and imagination to work building a new region.
For this critical role we are seeking a BSN Nurse, with recent home health management experience, to join our CVHCare management team. This full-time opportunity will have professional oversight of service areas falling within the San Fernando Valley and Santa Clarita area, with growth throughout the Greater Los Angeles area in 2019. This role requires strong hands-on clinical abilities and background knowledge, as well as expertise in clinical decision-making for the patient population. The ideal candidate will operate strategically to drive the excellence amongst the ever-changing needs of a diverse population within home health.
In partnership with our Director of Rehab, and the Administrator, the Director of Nursing (DON) is responsible for managing and monitoring overall performance for all health delivery systems. The DON establishes, implements and evaluates goals & objectives for clinical services offered, always striving to promote the highest level of patient satisfaction, continuity of care, safety and service excellence.
The Director of Nursing will fully support and uphold our Corporate Philosophy, standards of quality, and ethics. This role ensures strict compliance with industry guidelines, state & federal regulations and corporate policies.
• Supervise and oversee patient care provided by clinicians
• Provide training, guidance and counseling to clinical staff to support improvements across all aspects of home health care services provided
• Complete clinical services (patient visits) as needed to support agency growth and increase in census
• Assist in the screening and interviewing process of new clinicians
• Assist in the orientation/training of new clinicians
• Interpret indicators to detect census changes, and increases or decreases in volume, which could impact staffing levels, revenues or expenses
• Oversee proper maintenance of clinical records in compliance with local, state and federal laws
• Responsible for the maintenance of adequate and appropriate inventory supplies and equipment
• Assist in the facilitation of in-service and continuing education programs for staff
• Maintain current knowledge on changes in the field of nursing, rehab and home health care; communicate changes and updates with appropriate members of leadership
• Promotes home health referrals in the health care community
• Evaluate performance of clinical staff
• In the absence of the Administrator, the Director of Nursing will become the acting Administrator and will be vested with authority to act in behalf of the Administrator and organization
• A Registered Nurse with current license to practice professional nursing in the State of California
• A bachelor’s degree in Nursing from an accredited program by the National League for Nursing is required. Master’s degree in health care preferred.
• Minimum one (1) supervisory experience in a home health setting
• Preferred three (3) years of recent home health or hospital
• Valid BLS and ACLS certification
• Current valid Driver’s License and means of transportation to visit patients at home. Also current auto registration and auto insurance for the vehicle being used. Auto insurance must be in accordance with state and organization requirements
• Knowledge and expertise in clinical decision-making and Quality Management review and evaluation.
• Ability to deal tactfully with patients, family members and referral sources
• Has excellent observation, verbal and written communication skills
• Knowledge of business management, governmental regulations and Joint Commission standards
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, negotiation skills, and critical thinking skills
• Strong MS Office skills, to include Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Who We Are: CVHCare is a thriving home health company, committed to the principles of Service, Integrity, Dignity and Excellence. As we continue to grow; the key in fulfilling our culture, is hiring remarkable team members -- those clinicians who go above & beyond for the betterment of their patients! This is truly an exciting opportunity to join a company that is quickly becoming a strong force in the Los Angeles home health market.
EEOC: We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and an affirmative action employer.