Los Angeles Hotel
From sunny beaches to world-class entertainment, the city of Los Angeles is a great place to live, work and play. The four-diamond Omni Los Angeles Hotel is located in downtown's cultural district. The hotel is adjacent to the Walt Disney Concert Hall, Dorothy Chandler Pavilion, MOCA and numerous other entertainment destinations.
Currently ranked #1 by Trip Advisor for Best Downtown Hotels in Los Angeles, the Omni Los Angeles strives to provide the highest quality product and customer service to each and every guest. Omni Hotels & Resorts believes in The Power of One, the practice of empowering every associate to do their best to ensure our guests feel comfortable and appreciated. This philosophy is the reason why the Omni Los Angeles has been so successful in customer satisfaction throughout the years. It is our mission to inspire and reward our associates, and we are committed to being the employer of choice in the hospitality industry. If you are a friendly, motivated individual, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Los Angeles Hotel may be your perfect match.
The Training Specialist will provide focus for management development and operations training. The Training Specialist will be responsible for identifying hotel wide training needs, from assessing managerial development need areas to evaluating guest service interactive deficiencies.
- Market and communicate training strategy.
- Assist hotel departments with compliance to Omni Hotel's Training System
- Develop monthly training information
- Monitor department orientation(s) and make recommendations for improvements as appropriate.
- Monitor skill certification programs to ensure timely and effective training.
- Schedule/coordinate facilities/resources for training sessions.
- Create a training resource library of educational/training materials.
- Provide information/visibility and management of external learning events (seminars) to hotel.
- Provide course development/instructional design services which include:
- Conduct new hire orientation.
- Advise Management on training matters.
- Remain current on training technology.
- Conduct monthly leadership training.
- Promote Omni culture.
- Develop manager and supervisors to effectively facilitate training.
- Monitor and meet with new hires, transfers to ensure training is effective.
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent preferred.
- Must posses excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Public speaking experience and prior course design and presentation skills are essential.
- Must be computer literate.
- Previous Windows, publisher, power point, word, and excel experience.
- Must be fluent in English. Fluent in Spanish is preferred but not required.
- Lecturing, facilitating, and presentation skills preferred.
- Must have flexible schedule to include occasional evenings and weekends as needed.