Los Angeles Hotel
From sunny beaches to world-class entertainment, the city of Los Angeles is a great place to live, work and play. The four-diamond Omni Los Angeles Hotel is located in downtown's cultural district. The hotel is adjacent to the Walt Disney Concert Hall, Dorothy Chandler Pavilion, MOCA and numerous other entertainment destinations.
Currently ranked #1 by Trip Advisor for Best Downtown Hotels in Los Angeles, the Omni Los Angeles strives to provide the highest quality product and customer service to each and every guest. Omni Hotels & Resorts believes in The Power of One, the practice of empowering every associate to do their best to ensure our guests feel comfortable and appreciated. This philosophy is the reason why the Omni Los Angeles has been so successful in customer satisfaction throughout the years. It is our mission to inspire and reward our associates, and we are committed to being the employer of choice in the hospitality industry. If you are a friendly, motivated individual, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Los Angeles Hotel may be your perfect match.
To ensure proper training and supervision of all personnel. To deliver prompt, courteous service in a manner that complies with Omni Food and Beverage standards and company policies and procedures. Is responsible for the management of all aspects of Noe Restaurant and Lounge facilities in accordance with Hotel standards.
- Maintain complete knowledge of:All liquor brands, beers and non-alcoholic selections available in restaurant and bar.
- Maintain complete knowledge and strictly abide by state liquor regulations, particularly those prohibiting service to minors, intoxicated persons and drunk driving.
- Check storage areas for proper supplies, organization and cleanliness. Instruct designated personnel to rectify any cleanliness/organization deficiencies.
- Establish par levels for supplies and equipment. Complete requisitions to replenish shortages or additional items needed for the anticipated business.
- Review sales for previous day; resolve discrepancies with Finance Department. Track revenue against budget.
- Meet with the Chef to review daily specials; update board throughout shift. Ensure that staffs are aware of such.
- Check with the Front Desk Daily to review updates on house count and arrivals and VIPS
- Prepare weekly work schedules in accordance with staffing guidelines and labor forecasts. Adjust schedules throughout the week to meet the business demands.
- Ensure that staffs report to work as scheduled. Document any late or absent employees.
- Coordinate breaks for staff.
- Assign work and side duties to staff in accordance with departmental procedures. Communicate additions or changes to the assignments as they arise throughout the shift. Identify situations which compromise department standards and take/delegate efforts to rectify them.
- Monitor the preparation of station assignments, ensuring compliance to departmental standards.
- Conduct pre-shift meeting with staff and review all information pertinent to the day's business.
- Constantly monitor staff performance in all phases of service and job functions, ensuring that all procedures are carried out to departmental standards; rectify any deficiencies with respective personnel.
- Inspect table set-ups; check for cleanliness, neatness and agreement to departmental standards; rectify deficiencies with respective personnel.
- Inspect all aspects of the restaurant and bar environment ensuring compliance with standards of cleanliness and order. Direct respective personnel to rectify deficiencies.
- Review the reservation book, pre-assign designated tables and follow up on all special requests.
- Ensure that specified amount of menus and wine lists are available and in good condition for each meal period. Ensure that daily specials are inserted into each menu.
- Check the pick-up station and side stations, ensuring agreement to standards of cleanliness, supply of stock and organization.
- Monitor and assist Host(ess) in greeting and escorting guests to their tables according to departmental procedures. Ensure that tables are seated to best service the guests.
- Anticipate heavy business times and organize procedures to handle extended waiting lines.
- Be familiar with all Hotel services/features and local attractions/activities to respond accurately to any guest inquiry.
- Monitor and handle guest complaints by using the Power of One and ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Monitor and ensure that all tables are cleared and reset according to department procedures.
- Assist restaurant and bar staff with their job functions to ensure optimum service to guests.
- Handle voided checks in accordance with Finance procedures.
- Assist servers with expediting problem payments. Ensure all cashiering procedures are processed in compliance with accounting standards.
- Conduct a formal training program on the required job functions with criterion expected and department orientation with new hires. Conduct ongoing training with existing staff.
- Provide staff with timely performance feedback. Handle disciplinary problems and counsel employees according to Hotel standards.
- Foster and promote a cooperative working climate, maximizing productivity and employee morale.
- Prepare and submit daily/weekly payroll and tip distribution records.
- Complete all paperwork and closing duties in accordance with departmental standards.
- Prepare weekly forecast of revenues, covers and labor costs.
- Participate in the development of the wine list.
- Identify positive upselling techniques
- Minimum 21 years of age to serve alcoholic beverages.
- 3 to 5 years experience as a Restaurant Manager at an upscale, stand alone, or hotel restaurant.
- Ability to satisfactorily communicate in English with guests, management and co-workers to their understanding.
- Ability to provide legible communication.
- Ability to compute basic mathematical calculations.
- Proficient with food and beverage cost controls.
- Proficient in Micros P.O.S. system, Windows, Microsoft Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, Access, Power Point).
- Proficient and Knowledgeable in wine & Spirits.
- Must be TIPS Certified.
- Must have Valid CA Food Handler's Certification.
- Must be able to walk throughout the day and stand for long periods of time.
- College degree.
- Previous hospitality experience.
- Certification of previous training in liquor, wine and food service.
- Any previous culinary training.
- Certification in C.P.R.
- Mix-ology Training
- Ability to enforce Restaurant and Hotel standards, policies and procedures with restaurant and bar staff.
- Ability to prioritize and organize work assignments; delegate tasks.
- Ability to direct performance of restaurant and bar staff and follow up with corrections where needed.
- Ability to motivate restaurant and bar staff and maintain a cohesive team.
- Ability to ascertain restaurant and bar training deficiencies and provide necessary training to ensure optimum performance.
- Ability to be a clear thinker, exercising good judgment to analyze and resolve problems.
- Ability to focus attention on details.
- Ability to suggestively sell menu items, beverages and wines.
- Ability to input and access information into P.O.S. system.
- Ability to ensure security and confidentiality of guest and Hotel information.
- Ability to work without direct supervision .
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity/AA/Disability/Veteran employer. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .