Los Angeles Hotel
From sunny beaches to world-class entertainment, the city of Los Angeles is a great place to live, work and play. The four-diamond Omni Los Angeles Hotel is located in downtown's cultural district. The hotel is adjacent to the Walt Disney Concert Hall, Dorothy Chandler Pavilion, MOCA and numerous other entertainment destinations.
Currently ranked #1 by Trip Advisor for Best Downtown Hotels in Los Angeles, the Omni Los Angeles strives to provide the highest quality product and customer service to each and every guest. Omni Hotels & Resorts believes in The Power of One, the practice of empowering every associate to do their best to ensure our guests feel comfortable and appreciated. This philosophy is the reason why the Omni Los Angeles has been so successful in customer satisfaction throughout the years. It is our mission to inspire and reward our associates, and we are committed to being the employer of choice in the hospitality industry. If you are a friendly, motivated individual, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Los Angeles Hotel may be your perfect match.
Oversee the Catering & Convention Services Departments by ensuring a consistent product to standards, while maximizing profitability and protecting the integrity of the guest experience.
- Responsible for planning, evaluating, organizing, and directing the activities of the Convention Coordinators, Convention Floor Managers, Convention Services Department Administrative Assistants, Catering Sales and/or Service Managers, and Catering Coordinators.
- Responsible for ensuring that all policies, procedures and guidelines are followed by department personnel.
- Responsible for all administrative duties which are necessary in the functioning of the department.
- Responsible for working with the convention/meeting planners in coordinating the final details for conventions/meetings, and with the catering contacts for catering events.
- Responsible for anticipating needs, forecasting results, analyzing and arranging work processes for personnel in the departments.
- Responsible for the overall condition of each function room and all Convention Service equipment.
- Provides the necessary training, motivation, and leadership for all department personnel.
- Participates in the final interview process and is responsible for hiring all departmental personnel.
- Ensures that all procedures, policies, and guidelines, as established by Omni Hotel, are being followed by department personnel.
- Establishes and maintains rapport with outside purveyors, who provide services for the Hotel and its guests through the Convention Services & Catering Departments.
- Establishes and maintains efficient office procedures to facilitate the smooth operation of the department.
- Meets with major convention/meeting planners to coordinate final arrangements for convention/meetings.
- Forecasts payroll, public room income and meeting covers on an annual/quarterly/monthly basis.
- Attends weekly Forecast and Marketing meetings.
- Tours, on a daily basis, the hotel function space and spot checks meeting room setups.
- Ensures that all equipment used in the department is in good order and uses preventive maintenance schedules for all equipment.
- Ensures that the desired level of quality is maintained in all meeting room sets on a continuing basis.
- Ensures that all file turnover requirements (from Sales to Convention Services) are fulfilled.
- Responsible for overseeing the coordination of the Hotel Function Books.
- Advises hotel department heads of special requirements of groups coming into the hotel.
- Reviews, on a daily basis, information entered into the Convention Services Department Daily Log and takes necessary steps to alleviate problems noted in the log.
- Attends out-of-hotel meetings as required.
- Establishes a rapport with individuals in similar positions at other hotels.
- Conducts weekly department meetings.
- Ensure catering sales meet budgeted levels.
- Ensure smooth flow of information (communication) from Sales to Banquet Services and the Food & Beverage Department.
- Create and maintain a good working relationship with the Banquet Manager to ensure a high level of comfort with Banquet operations.
- Oversees the entrance of files into a trace system for proper maintenance and active solicitation according to Accounts Coverage Program (ACP).
- Prospect and establish an expanding base of accounts.
- Ensure proper communication to all departments.
- Monitor and evaluate, on a continuous basis, the level of service maintained by the Banquet Department.
- Effectively coordinate efforts between Sales and Food & Beverage management.
- Prepare 10 day, monthly, weekly, and quarterly Food & Beverage forecasts as requested to monitor business flow accurately.
- Prepare Sales Action Plans, via the Account Coverage Program (ACP), and (KRA's) on a quarterly basis in order to focus on client needs and maximize sales efforts to minimize gap periods.
- Prepare performance benchmarks for Catering Account Executives and Convention Coordinator on monthly and quarterly basis.
- Prepare six-month rolling forecast.
- Ensure that the department standards are met and that all company policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Ensure that all departments meet all federal, state and local regulations affecting the hotel, Food & Beverage operation, its associates and guests.
- Perform any other duties assigned by management.
- Know emergency procedures (to include CPR) and work to prevent accidents.
- Has a working knowledge of Food & Beverage product offerings.
- Attend/conduct all designates Sales and Banquet meetings.
- Must have Associate's degree or higher and/or a minimum of 3 years as a Assistant Director or similar position in a 4-diamond hotel
- Able to work flexible schedule and holidays.
- Able to maintain organizational image by demonstrating high quality guest service at all time to both internal and external customers.
- Able to collect accurate information and resolve conflicts.
- Able to manage multiple tasks at all times and have excellent organizational skills.
- Able to remain calm and alert, during emergency situations and/or heavy group/catering activity.
- Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer - vets/disability. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .