Los Angeles Hotel
From sunny beaches to world-class entertainment, the city of Los Angeles is a great place to live, work and play. The four-diamond Omni Los Angeles Hotel is located in downtown's cultural district. The hotel is adjacent to the Walt Disney Concert Hall, Dorothy Chandler Pavilion, MOCA and numerous other entertainment destinations.
Currently ranked #1 by Trip Advisor for Best Downtown Hotels in Los Angeles, the Omni Los Angeles strives to provide the highest quality product and customer service to each and every guest. Omni Hotels & Resorts believes in The Power of One, the practice of empowering every associate to do their best to ensure our guests feel comfortable and appreciated. This philosophy is the reason why the Omni Los Angeles has been so successful in customer satisfaction throughout the years. It is our mission to inspire and reward our associates, and we are committed to being the employer of choice in the hospitality industry. If you are a friendly, motivated individual, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Los Angeles Hotel may be your perfect match.
To provide and maintain high quality standards, cleanliness and procedures in preparing and serving all cafeteria food. Provide friendly service to all associates.
- Maintains the cleanliness and appearance of the cafeteria in its entirety.
- Prepare, restock and maintain food items.
- Sets up and maintains service stations.
- Dishes up all food during service.
- Visually inspects all food served at the cafeteria.
- Communicate with all cooks daily and assist them as needed.
- Previous cafeteria/entry level culinary experience preferred, particularly in a hotel or hospital environment.
- Ability to communicate orally in English to the understanding of co-workers and supervisor.
- Ability to handle internal questions and concerns, while maintaining a calm and welcoming demeanor.
- Sufficient manual dexterity needed in hands to operate knives, spatulas, tongs, etc.
- Stand or walk for an extended period or for an entire work shift.
- Requires frequent bending, reaching overhead and squatting. Lift, carry, and place objects weighing up to 30 lbs without assistance.
- Ability to stoop, grasp, move or push goods on a hand cart weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to endure exposure to heat, steam and cleaning chemicals.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, specifically weekends and holidays.
- Must have valid CA Food Handler's Certification.
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity/AA/Disability/Veteran employer. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .