Our client has been delivering clean, safe and reliable natural gas to its customers for more than 140 years. It is the nation’s largest natural gas distribution utility and they are seeking top talent to help in their goal of providing safe and reliable energy to 20.9 million consumers across the Southern California area.
- Performs routine and moderately complex clerical accounting duties related to Accounts Payable function.
- These duties may include but are not limited to: review scanning of Invoices to be sent out for approval within the Company, posting invoices, follow-up on payment status of invoices, answering questions from internal users as well as outside vendors, mail distribution, and check distribution.
- Experience with process of Accounts Payable in an electronic invoice environment highly desirable. Analyzing routine to moderately complex Accounts Payable related issues.
- Applies knowledge of department operations using established policies and procedures.
- Must have knowledge of business and routine accounting practices obtained via job experience in the field of Accounts Payable.
- Requires clerical accounting and financial experience; education may substitute for the required experience.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel is highly desirable.
- Experience with SAP in an Accounts Payable work environment is highly desirable but other Accounts Payable experience will work as well.
- Familiarity with Sarbanes-Oxley controls is a plus.