At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Senior – National Tax - Tax Technology and Transformation – Tax Program Management & Operations (TPM&O)
With the largest globally organized Tax Technology and Transformation practice of any firm, we will help our clients realize sustainable tax and finance function improvements. With a targeted focus on the digital tax and finance, our team of technology and process advisors has a deep understanding of the unique challenges faced by your business and emerging trends. Our Program Management Office will guide the collective team through successful services delivery and change management functions utilizing approved project management methodology and change management strategy. Our team consists of seasoned program managers, tax, finance, technology, transaction, and transformation professionals who were hand-picked for their substantial experience. These professionals have successfully worked together implementing people-led, technology-enabled service delivery models across the globe.
EY is currently seeking high-potential Seniors to deliver exceptional client service and enable the continued growth of our Program Management team. The opportunity specifically is to assist our clients and internal teams as a project management professional leading their business and/or technology initiatives including transitioning some or all the clients’ tax function to EY, tax and finance transformation, or individual initiative. Our market-leading approach combines extensive functional expertise paired with a proven methodology to drive these strategies to successful completion. We utilize a standard set of tools and templates, tailored to each client which provides our internal teams an integrated, managed approach that will guide the execution of the tax and finance field of play end to end. Mentored by nationally recognized professionals, you’ll be developed into a trusted business advisor and seasoned program manager – and play a critical role in building a better working world.
Your key responsibilities
Your role as a Senior will focus on:
· Establishing relationships with engagement leadership to initiate, plan design, and operate day to day program and governance structures, creating workplans, often with multiple workstreams to track milestones, tasks, and overall program performance to include predecessors, dependencies, and Risk & Issue management in addition to providing status and benefit realization across workstreams.
· Support a knowledgeable team with experience in planning, controlling, and executing complex programs through project closure to include project artifact storage.
· Oversee various processes of the PMO as well as the management of the team reporting to you on each project.
· Facilitate project meetings, act as the scribe taking detailed notes and actions items, communicate status and progress of the day-to-day operations of the PMO on a regular basis, including escalation of project issues with those that you report to as well as the client.
· Monitor project progress, manage risk, create project status reports, and work with the teams to maximize operational efficiencies, note key performance indicators, manage budget across the project(s) and ensure key stakeholders are kept informed about progress and expected outcomes.
· Aid in the effort of continuing to standardize and improve our internal and go-to-market services and documentation.
Skills and attributes for success
· Strong communication skills, especially around breaking down complex structures into digestible and relevant points for a diverse set of clients and colleagues, at all levels
· Highly organized and able to adjust to multiple demands, shifting priorities, ambiguity, and rapid change based on client needs
· Attention to detail which results in a constant standard of quality and the ability to communicate the value and benefits of the project
· Prior experience as a project/program manager working within a PMO
· Help to build out reports and project artifacts to effectively monitor team’s performance according to established KPIs, CPIs and other agreed contractual obligations
· Monitor and report on EY’s performance, quality, and effectiveness of the program services
· Foster an innovative and inclusive team-oriented work environment
· Play an active role in counselling and mentoring junior consultants within the organization driving behavioral chances by managing expectations of the various audiences
· Ability to run the day-to-day operations of the program once established and consistently drive projects to completion and determine that work is of a high quality. Your role in leading teams or parts of teams on engagements will depend on the size of engagement and will be under responsibility of higher levels.
· Effective assistance tracking action items, capturing accurate meeting minutes/scribe and often, dissecting ambiguous terms into assignable actions
· Ability to create and manage a complex workplan, project charter, RAID/RACI, prepare project budgets and align on KPI measurement with stakeholders
· Ability to identify areas for improvement in the operating model and the flexibility to identify solutions to make the improvements
· Ability to effectively manage complex budgets and engagement economics in Excel and other internal tools including but not limited to designing burn down charts, estimate to complete, budget to actual and other project-based reports
To qualify for the role, you must have
· Bachelor’s degree in related field, preferably with an emphasis in business, accounting or finance, and a minimum of 3 years related work experience, Big 4 experience a plus
· Minimum of 1 year of experience in designing, setting up and managing project workplans and budgets; leading work streams for a large, complex program involving multiple, related projects as the project/program manager
· Strong team and project management skills with an ability to work under tight deadlines
· Strong analytical, interpersonal, and written/verbal communication skills as well as a strong problem-solving ability and attention to detail
· Flexibility and willingness to travel (up to 40% domestic and 5% international) as well as work more than standard hours as necessary
· Project management certification (PMI, CAPM, PMP or equivalent), CPA. MBA and/or Lean Six Sigma yellow belt or higher preferred (in process of certification is acceptable if not yet achieved)
· Proficiency required in MS Office, including a very strong emphasis on use of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint, MS Project, SharePoint, MS Teams, OneNote and Visio; experience with Alteryx strongly preferred
· Experience with MS Power BI suite, including PowerPivot, Power Query, Power View and Power Map a plus
· Experience using various project execution strategies: Waterfall, SCRUM, Agile and/or SAFe Agile project methodologies
Ideally, you’ll also have
· Demonstrate professionalism through a positive and cooperative attitude and by maintaining the confidential and proprietary nature of client relationships and related work products
· Take ownership of tasks and can make decisions while demonstrating a strong ability to work under pressure and adhere to strict deadlines
· Contribute to the overall success of the team by developing a thorough understanding of EY methodologies and tools to enhance service delivery, keep team members informed of work status, actively seek assignments when unassigned, develop an internal network leading to sales opportunities for PMO professional services, challenge traditional procedures used in the past, and attempt to find new approaches and process improvements opportunities
· Coach/mentor junior team members to help EY continue to build an inclusive culture and high-performing teams
What we look for
We are seeking to identify high-potential Seniors to deliver exceptional client service and enable the continued growth of our practice. We’re interested in strong team players who support their colleagues in
reaching their goals while also considering their own workload and development. We’re interested in professionals with drive to take on new responsibilities and projects. You’ll need the confidence to speak up with your own creative thoughts on a wide range of areas. We’re looking for people with a genuine passion for tax and finance operations and are inspired to help leading multinational organizations meet complex tax and finance obligations around the world.
The salary range for this position in Stamford is: $101,500 - $152,400
The salary range for this position in Hartford is: $93,100 - $139,700
The salary range for this position in Denver is: $84,600 - $127,000
The salary range for this position in Las Vegas is: $84,600 - $127,000
**What we offer**
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to the business. The salary range for this job in most geographic locations in the US is $84,600 to $139,700. The salary range for New York City Metro Area, Washington State and California (excluding Sacramento) is $101,500 to $158,800. Individual salaries within those ranges are determined through a wide variety of factors including but not limited to education, experience, knowledge, skills and geography. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
+ **Continuous learning:** You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
+ **Success as defined by you:** We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
+ **Transformative leadership:** We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
+ **Diverse and inclusive culture:** You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
**If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.**
**The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.**
**EY | Building a better working world**
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable law.
EY is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and either need assistance applying online or need to request an accommodation during the interview process, please call 1-800-EY-HELP3, type Option 2 (HR-related inquiries) and then type Option 1 (HR Shared Services Center), which will route you to EY’s Talent Shared Services Team or email SSC Customer Support at firstname.lastname@example.org .