*Posted Date:* Nov 23, 2020
*TEXT TO APPLY:* You can now complete your entire job application for this job via SMS text messaging!
Simply text *JOB* to *75000 *& search for the *requisition ID number 436615.*
Click here to learn more.
* We have an opening for a full-time & part-time *COLD FOOD SALAD/DELI* position.
* *Location*: Becker College - 964 Main Street, Leicester, MA 01524 /Note: online applications accepted _only_./
* *Schedule*: F/T & P/T - More details upon interview.
o F/T - Sunday through Thursday, 10:30AM - 7:30PM.
o P/T - Friday through Saturday 10:30AM - 7:30PM OR Tuesday through Saturday/Monday through Thursday 7:00AM - 2:30PM.
* *Requirement*: Previous food service or deli prep experience highly preferred.
/*Internal Employee Referral Bonus Available/
*WE MAKE IT EASY!* You can now *prerecord video introductions.* Be more than just words on a resume and get in front of the hiring manager faster. Click here to get a sneak peek preview.
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team.
Chartwells Higher Education brings fresh ideas and innovative concepts to higher education foodservice. We have quickly established ourselves as the leading college and university foodservice partner in the industry, and were twice named the Fastest Growing Brand by Nations Restaurant News. While we reflect on a proud past, we keep a keen eye on what is yet to come, especially in the areas of culinary development and nutrition. We foster development in a setting where mobility, teamwork, and communication flourish.
*Full time associates at Chartwells Higher Education are offered many fantastic benefits such as:*
* Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
* Commuter Benefits
* Wellness Program
* Employee Assistance Program
* Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
* Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD)
* Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
* Discount Marketplace
* And other voluntary benefits
*Summary:* Cuts delicatessen meats, vegetables and cheeses with slicing machine, knives or other cutters. Prepares and serves sandwiches, salads and other cold food items.
*Essential Duties and Responsibilities:*
* Obtains daily production schedule and preparation requirements from Chef.
* Prepares sandwich meats, cheeses, condiments and salads using approved production standards to ensure proper quality, serving temperatures and standard portion control.
* Stocks and replenishes deli/cold products and condiments following approved merchandising guidelines.
* Carries pans, kettles and trays of food to and from workstation, stove and refrigerator.
* Stores food in designated areas following HACCP standard wrapping, dating and rotation procedures.
* Cleans, sanitizes and maintains counters, work surfaces, refrigeration units and floors in the preparation and serving areas.
* Places meat, cheese or vegetables on cutting board and cuts slices to designated thickness. Positions and clamps meat or cheese on carriage of slicing machine. Adjusts knob to set machine for desired thickness. Presses button to start motor that moves carriage past rotary blade that slices meats and cheeses.
* Interacts with coworkers to ensure compliance with company service standards, inventory and cash control procedures.
* Maintains clean, safe work environment to comply with sanitation, ServSafe and safety requirements.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry*
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. /*Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)./
Req ID: 436615