Goodyear Talent Acquisition Representative: Heather Rodriguez
Sponsorship Available: No
Relocation Assistance Available: Yes
**Primary Purpose of Position:**
The primary purpose of the Manufacturing Human Resource Program position is to develop the associate to be able to provide Human Resource support to Manufacturing by assisting in the creation of and coordination of various HR programs, processes and initiatives. More specifically, the candidate must be willing to relocate after 18 -24 months, have excellent oral and written communication skills, good interpersonal and communication skills, business acumen and technical understanding. The ideal candidate will have a passion for Human Resources and the long-term desire to help drive Goodyear's high-performance organization.
This position is accountable for optimizing the effectiveness of the plant organization by increasing the capabilities & optimizing the talents of its employees. Responsible for providing assistance in coordinating the design & implementation of the plans, systems & programs that allow employees to satisfy their needs for job security, engagement, recognition & achievement in the pursuit of the organizational objectives. Acting as a consultant, the HR Specialist will guide managers in consistent applications of the HR systems & Plant policies. The incumbent creates win-win situations between floor level associates & Goodyear management by listening & planning methods of resolution strategies.
• Develop & maintain expertise of government labor regulations & Goodyear policy. Ensure fair & equitable implementation of these rules & regulations that help to build a trustful relationship with all associates to support engagement & the common goal of success for the organization.
• Acts as a neutral party to monitor & report individual & plant concerns. Advise managers & team members of all Human Resources policies & systems. Collect and analyze key HR Performance Metrics, looking for actionable trends. Create relevant regular reports and recommendations for organizational intervention based on performance indicators.
• Develop the image of management by assisting managers in their relationships & applications of the Plant & HR policies.
• Assess the workforce through approved mechanisms (engagement survey, exit survey, etc.) and review engagement trends. Make recommendations and work with Leadership team to improve overall manufacturing culture and engagement.
• Assists in the development & deployment of plant/Business Center communications. This may include writing articles, seeking information from outside sources performing any research necessary. Interpreting human resources policies, procedures, laws, and standards and explaining them to new and existing associates.
• Bachelors Degree required. Preferred Bachelors Degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development or Labor Relations.
• Masters Degree in HR Discipline preferred
• Must be mobile and willing to relocate.
• Previous HR Internships preferred.
• Proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Be able to Write and Verbally Communicate clearly
• Problem solving
• Ability to interpret and apply policy
Goodyear is one of the world’s largest tire companies. It employs about 62,000 people and manufactures its products in 46 facilities in 21 countries around the world. Its two Innovation Centers in Akron, Ohio and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg strive to develop state-of-the-art products and services that set the technology and performance standard for the industry. For more information about Goodyear and its products, go to .
Goodyear is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to that individual's race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need reasonable accommodation to complete the online application, or any other part of the employment process, please contact the Goodyear Candidate Care Line at 330.796.4500.
Click for more information about Equal Employment Opportunity laws, and for additional supplementary information.