If you are interested in managing strong relationships with existing large, key accounts, securing new, large customers by determining related service and territorial rights as well as identifying, developing and implementing new business opportunities with EnergyUnited’s commercial, industrial and residential customers, we’d like to meet you!
This position is responsible for maintaining strong relationships with EnergyUnited’s Key Accounts and critical partner organizations. Key Accounts consist of large Commercial and Industrial accounts, Chambers of Commerce, Economic Development Corporations, Town and County Planning Departments, residential and commercials builders as well as product and services vendors. In this role, you will develop close working relationship with their primary key contacts in an effort to maintain and grow the EnergyUnited customer base and electric distribution footprint. In addition, you will also sell value-add products and services into the Key Account customer base such as generators, LED lighting packages and power quality management tools. This position is classified as Hybrid, allowing an employee to perform work associated with their position at both an EU Office and their home. This position is exempt as defined by the Fair Labor Standards Act as amended.
Normal Day-to-Day Work
· Develop a close working relationship with Commercial and Industrial (C&I) customers, real estate developers and contractors in order to have advance knowledge of new customer opportunities.
· Monitor local government activity – annexations, planning board activity, impacting ordinances and board actions to ensure EnergyUnited is aware of new projects.
· Research and develop proposals for business opportunities where co-op can directly or indirectly participate in new projects that will protect and enhance energy market share.
· Retain expertise in territorial and municipal annexations laws and maintain training for other personnel on guidelines and statutes.
· Conduct economic development activities and programs for the purpose of attracting new energy load and service rights for EnergyUnited. Facilitate and promote expansion opportunities for existing businesses.
· Monitor competitive positioning as it relates to product and service offerings as well as pricing to the C&I market base.
· Researches industry trends, customer preferences, and decision drivers as it relates to energy and related services.
· Assures that EnergyUnited is a bona-fide participant in local negotiations with municipal systems as an electric provider, a potential owner or operator of their systems, and a leading corporate citizen of the community.
· Ensures that EnergyUnited has an active working relationship with state, regional and local decision makers with regard to economic development. This should include Department of Commerce, Development Corporations, Planning Departments and Boards, and the various local Commissioners and Councilmen.
· Develops incentive rate offerings to attract new C&I customers to EnergyUnited and Evaluates EnergyUnited’s existing rates to ensure viability.
· Develops, writes, implements and updates business plans detailing non-electric utility business opportunities to be pursued as a partnership with EnergyUnited’s customers.
· Develops and maintains EnergyUnited’s Residential/Commercial Generator program as well as any new programs that are developed in an effort to grow EnergyUnited Services.
· Responsible for maintaining product inventory levels and routine maintenance schedules as warranted by the product. Provide customer assistance related to technical product/service matters and problem resolution as referred by the customer care representatives.
· Develops and maintains customer satisfaction and reliability measures for the Residential/Commercial Generator program.
· Demonstrates an increasing knowledge and understanding of the business and future opportunities.
· Develops and adheres to an annual budget as well as sales performance goals.
· Works to grow business and identify new sales opportunities as set forth in the C/I Energy Services Business Plan.
· Researches trends within the business to create a pre-eminent business unit.
· Identifies and responds to any competitor attempts to persuade customers to discontinue purchasing services from the cooperative.
· Develops plan to market and sell generators to builders/developers in the EnergyUnited service area.
· Provides monthly updates on goals and sales opportunities regarding EnergyUnited Services’ products.
· Identifies opportunities to cross-sell products and services from each of the EnergyUnited Business Units.
Job Qualifications - Here are a few skills you MUST have to be considered for this position.
· Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in Business Administration, Finance, Economics, Engineering or related degree required. Advanced degree preferred.
· Minimum of five years of progressive experience in the areas of planning, sales, lobbying, project management or economic development.
· Experience must show strong negotiating skills with a record of excellent customer relations.
· Experience in accomplishing desired results pertinent to the position through effective interaction with key customers, outside civic and authoritative organizations, other departments and employees.
· Knowledge of business planning, financial analysis, and sales processes are required.
· Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines; as well as, work in harmony with many different personality types.
· Must possess a strong ability to communicate in both verbal and written form.
· Must have a positive and considerate attitude toward EnergyUnited's customers and position responsibilities.
· Must be a self starter and possess excellent organization and negotiating skills.
· Must have conscientious attitude of neatness, timeliness, orderliness and accuracy toward the job.
· High moral integrity required.
· Be able to retain information of a confidential nature.
· Have ability to implement work plans, make sound decisions from observations and carry out instructions.
· Must be able to prioritize multiple assignments with minimal supervision and be proactive in responsibilities.
· Presentation skills required.
· Must be able to give recommendations of business strategies to the Vice President of Sales & Economic Development in conjunction with Sales personnel.
· Must be able to present and work with public in a pleasant, courteous and professional manner.
· Must have a sense of accuracy toward record keeping and administrative duties.
· Must possess and maintain a valid North Carolina driver’s license.
· Be available for work during adverse weather conditions when necessary.
· May be asked to perform duties in unscheduled situations.
· Some travel required as necessary by the position.
· This position is classified as a "Headquarters or Non-Direct Operational" position. Domicile must be within one of the nineteen counties served by the Cooperative or within a 40 (forty) road mile radius to any EnergyUnited EMC office.
*EnergyUnited Electric Membership Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. *