*Posted Date:* Sep 15, 2020
*TEXT TO APPLY:* You can now complete your entire job application for this job via SMS text messaging!
Simply text *JOB* to *75000 *& search for the *requisition ID number 422747.*
Click here to learn more.
* We have an opening for 2 full-time *SUPERVISOR, RETAIL *positions.
* *Location*: University of Tennessee Medical Center, 1924 Alcoa Highway, Knoxville, TN 37920. /Note: online applications accepted _only_./
* *Schedule*: F/T schedule; more details upon interview.
* *Requirement*: Supervisor/food service experience preferred.
*Why It Is Safe For You to Work in Healthcare...* We know that many of you who are new to working in a healthcare setting might be a little unsure about your safety. Yet, serving where the viruses and potential contagions are known and are being controlled is among the safest places to work!
For anyone who becomes a member of one of our teams, we make sure you are safe and well managed. We also have a lot of resources available for you. We believe that knowledge is power, and that with this knowledge in your back pocket, you will feel much better about serving in healthcare during this crisis.
*WE MAKE IT EASY!* You can now *prerecord video introductions.* Be more than just words on a resume and get in front of the hiring manager faster. Click here to get a sneak peek preview.
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team.
Morrison Healthcare is a leading national food and nutrition services company exclusively dedicated to serving more than 806 hospitals and healthcare systems. Morrison uses the Power of Food to create personalized dining experiences for patients and in their cafés to advance the healing and healthful missions of its clients. Morrison has been serving some of the nation's largest health systems for more than 65 years and leverages culinary, nutritional, and operational expertise to provide consistency and transform the healthcare experience. Morrison has been recognized as one of Modern Healthcare's Best Places to Work in 2020 for the 8th time and was named a Top 125 Training Organization by Training Magazine in 2020 for the 9th time. Glassdoor also named Morrison a 2018 Best Places to Work and CEO Tim Pierce a 2019 Most Admired CEO. Morrison is a Compass One Healthcare operating division within Compass Group and has more than 1,200 registered dietitians, 300 executive chefs, and 21,000 professional food service team members.
*Full time associates at Morrison Healthcare are offered many fantastic benefits such as:*
* Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
* Commuter Benefits
* Wellness Program
* Employee Assistance Program
* Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
* Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD)
* Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
* Discount Marketplace
* And other voluntary benefits
*Summary:* Ensures the proper assembly and service of foods. Maintains sanitation and safety of the department's service and utility areas. Supervises retail associates.
*Essential Functions and Responsibilities:*
* Responsible for proper cash handling and completion of required daily, weekly and monthly reports, including weekly inventory, cash reports and production records.
* Responds to customer needs and requests; resolves customer concerns.
* Assists with menu planning and ordering using appropriate company programs and initiatives.
* Ensures that department is opened and closed per departmental security policies.
* Assists in the selection and orientation of associates; oversees associate training.
* Develops and posts associates' work schedules.
* Ensures associates' daily and weekly tasks are appropriately performed.
* Evaluates, mentors and disciplines associates according to departmental policy.
* Complies with federal, state, local and health department regulations; helps ensure compliance with company policies, procedures and practices involving food, personal safety and loss-prevention efforts.
* Follows HACCP guidelines when receiving, assembling and distributing food supplies to ensure the quality and safety of food supply.
* Identifies and uses cleaning chemicals following directions recommended by manufacturers and per MSDS/SDS sheets.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry*
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. /*Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)./
Req ID: 422747