_To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts._
Products and Technology
**Senior Cloud Capacity Manager**
The Public Cloud Capacity Manager will work with Salesforce’s most critical services to ensure capacity availability as we scale in the public cloud. The successful candidate will bring knowledge of AWS, GCP, and/or Azure Services and a strong analytical background. They will have the drive to ensure Salesforce service owners have the capacity they need, where they need it, and when they need it. In addition to capacity assurance, the planner will be expected to deeply understand Salesforce Service Owner’s roadmap and risk profile for capacity availability.
● Bachelors in Business/Analytics/Engineering/information systems or equivalent industry experience
● At least 1 year of experience managing or implementing services on Public Cloud (AWS/GCP)
● Ability to tell stories with data, see the forest through the trees
● Strong written and verbal communication skills
● Experience presenting to technical and executive audiences
● Fundamental understanding of infrastructure and architecture (ie. containerization, databases, etc)
● Synthesize various, changing, complex data sets to create a cohesive story for both Salesforce service owners and our external public cloud providers
● Monitor top Salesforce Services by capacity and evaluate utilization profiles
● Communicate and liaison with service teams to understand and help establish their public cloud service needs
● Work with internal tooling teams to automate repeated logic patterns and workflows
● Work with internal engineering teams to automate reservation management, including buffers and auto-scaling reservations
● Manage ongoing capacity allocations versus available capacity reservations
● Disseminate new public cloud hardware roadmap and feature updates to internal stakeholders
● Partner with public cloud provider’s forecasting teams to ensure our demand signals are received and accurately integrated into their forecasting models
● Review and manage the Savings Plan coverage of EC2 spend across deployments
● Stay current with new AWS, GCP, and/or Azure products and features and the ability to filter and synthesize these new capabilities through both a cost and technical filter
● Capacity planning knowledge or experience is a plus
_For Colorado-based roles: Minimum annual salary of $65,000. You may also be offered a bonus, restricted stock units, and benefits. More details about our company benefits can be found at the following link:_ _https://www.getsalesforcebenefits.com/_
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form (https://careers.mail.salesforce.com/accommodations-request-form) .
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com (http://salesfore.com/) or Salesforce.org .
Salesforce welcomes all.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Founded in 1999, Salesforce is the global leader in Customer Relationship Management (CRM). Companies of every size and industry are using Salesforce to transform their businesses, across sales, service, marketing, commerce, and more by connecting with customers in a whole new way. We harness technologies that can revolutionize companies, careers, and, hopefully, our world.
Salesforce is built on a set of four core values: Trust, Customer Success, Innovation, and Equality. By making technology more accessible, we're helping create a future with greater opportunity and equality for all. This has taken our company to great heights, including being ranked by Fortune as one of the “Most Admired Companies in the World” and one of the “100 Best Companies to Work For” eleven years in a row, and named “Innovator of the Decade” and one of the “World’s Most Innovative Companies” eight years in a row by Forbes.
There are those who choose to work with the best and brightest. And then, there are those who want to do more than just a job. They are the ones improving lives, not only their careers. Having an impact now instead of later. Doing something that’s so much bigger than themselves, an industry, and their company.
We believe everyone can be a Trailblazer. Join Salesforce and discover a future of new opportunities.