We Are Hiring
MRI Technologist, Ascension St. Vincent's Riverside- PRN
Join our Medical Imaging team at Ascension St. Vincent's Riverside as an MRI Technologist!
As the flagship location for Ascension St. Vincent's HealthCare, Riverside is a 528-bed hospital with a fast paced, exciting atmosphere and an ever-constant flow of patients.
What you will do:
As an MRI Technologist, you will operatea scanner to obtain images used to diagnose and treat pathologies.
- Prepares and positions patients and selects anatomic and technical parameters accurately to produce cross-sectional images of the body.
- Performs patient pre-screening, scheduling, and education related to the examination.
- Enters and monitors patient data, transfers images from disk to magnetic media to produce the transparency, and develops film in an automatic processor.
- Follows radiation safety procedures and guidelines.
- Ensures prompt submission of high-quality of all images and documents sent to PACS (image quality, correct lead markers and patient data/history).
- Ensures equipment is properly functioning. Reports potential problems or equipment malfunction to appropriate personnel.
- Assists in maintaining a clean, and orderly department to include procedure rooms, storage areas, dressing rooms, film storage area and any other areas in department.
- BLS Providercredentialed from theAmerican Heart Association (AHA)
- One or more of the following:
- Cardiographic Techcredentialed from theCardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI)
- Radiologic Technologistspecializing inRadiographycredentialed from theAmerican Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT)
- Medical Sonographercredentialed from theAmerican Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS)
- High school diploma or equivalent
- One year cardiac MRI Tech experience
Equal Employment Opportunity
St. Vincent's Healthcare (SVHC) will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
To comply with federal regulations of the Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA), all employees are required to complete an Employment Eligibility Verification form (I-9). This law applies to allhired individualsregardless of schedule and hours,including volunteers and students.
St. Vincent's HealthCare participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)