We Are Hiring
Health Coach - Medical Surgical - PRN,Rotating - SVM-St Vincent's Riverside - Jacksonville,FL
Responsibilities of a Health Coach
- Provide effective solutions and suggestions on health and fitness issues
- Work closely with the customer health and wellness team in meeting the organization's health management goals
- Provide face to face employee support and education
- Counsel and advise patients or healthy people to improve the overall health condition
- Understand the prevailing health conditions and diagnose the required problems
- Identify the need for behavioral change to improve health status, reduce health risks and improve quality of life
- Offer possible solutions and sometimes medication to address health issues
- Examine and record the vital signs like body temperature, blood pressure, pulse rate, weight, height, etc., accurately
- Involve in motivational interviewing and engagement strategies
- Apply knowledge of medicine, diet, nutrition or relevant methods to suggest solutions
- Suggest exercises, diet charts, meditation or mental stress reducing techniques to clients
- Deal with the client with a positive and empathetic attitude to make them feel comfortable
Essential Skills Required
- Excellent knowledge in health, nutrition and fitness issues
- Knowledge of health related diseases and remedial measures
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong motivational and convincing power
- Ability to counsel clients of all ages and problems
- Solid experience in variety of clinical techniques and medical field
- Immense ability to develop a health plan
- A well organized and pleasing personality
- Knowledge of latest trends in health care
- A pleasing personality with self-confidence
Equal Employment Opportunity
St. Vincent's Healthcare (SVHC) will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
To comply with federal regulations of the Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA), all employees are required to complete an Employment Eligibility Verification form (I-9). This law applies to allhired individualsregardless of schedule and hours,including volunteers and students.
St. Vincent's HealthCare participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)