Patterned after the exotic charm of a Burmese city, the Omni Mandalay Hotel in Las Colinas is a unique oasis that puts you close to the business and cultural attractions of Dallas. Located on the Mandalay Canal in Irving, Texas' prestigious Las Colinas Urban Center, the Omni Mandalay invites you to experience the elegance of a luxury hotel with a sophisticated Asian touch.
The Omni Mandalay's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Mandalay Hotel in Las Colinas may be your perfect match.
The Barista will attend to guests in Morsel's Café/Gift Shop. They will up sell beverages, pastries and other selections, accurately process transactions, and provide excellent service to all guests.
- Serving guests in Morsel's coffee shop.
- Stocks shelves, counters, tables and similar display fixtures with merchandise in a fashion that maximizes product visibility and promotes sales.
- Answering guest questions about menu items.
- Responsible for shop cleanliness, proper displays, placing new merchandise on floor as well as insuring all items are properly tagged and inventory control.
- Brewing gourmet coffee and other specialty beverages.
- Up-selling and suggestive selling of items.
- Maintains continuous effort to clean shelves, counters, tables, fixtures, glass and floors.
- Accurately processing transactions and maintaining a balanced bank.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must have a flexible availability, including weekends and holidays.
- Must have at least one year of customer service experience.
- Previous Barista experience preferred.
- Previous cash handling experience required.
- Must be able to bend, push, pull and stand for extended periods of time.
- Must have strong guest service skills
- Must be able to move up to 30 lbs. Occasionally extend arms and hands. Seize, grasp, and turn objects with hands.
- Must be able to stand for length of shift.
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer - vets/disability. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .