Ideally located in the heart of downtown Indianapolis, the four-diamond Omni Severin Hotel stands as the city's longest running luxury hotel and a beautifully restored piece of the city's history. The hotel elegantly combines the grandeur of the early 1900's with the modern amenities and superior service of today, and offers memorable experiences that are within walking distance to many leisure, business and cultural attractions.
Associates at the Omni Severin Hotel enjoy a safe and nurturing environment where anything is possible to make their career with Omni Hotels a reality. The pride in our associates, the engagement of our guests and the spirit of "Hoosier Hospitality" are just a few examples of why we are the employer of choice in the Indianapolis area. If you are a people pleaser, self motivated, and live to serve others, the Omni Severin Hotel is the hotel for you.
To assist in managing and directing of all Housekeeping functions. To participate in quality assurance for Housekeeping department and department cost control measures. To provide support to the Housekeeping Director in all areas of the Housekeeping Operation. To ensure Omni standards are met in all areas by monitoring quality assurance, and consistently setting a good example.
• Provides courteous, personalized, attentive, sincere, consistent Guest Service by responding promptly and efficiently to inquiries, request & Complaints using Guest Service Skills.
Exhibiting hospitality while striving to exceed guest's expectations.
• Resolves difficult or unusual problems arising with Guests, while maintaining good Guest relationships, demonstrating outstanding hospitality through the corrective action taken.
• Maintains open and clear communication with all departments and guests to ensure consistent service.
• Identify ways of improving the efficiency and effectiveness of our service to guests by actively participating in the Omni Service Tradition program.
• Assists Director of Housekeeping with all of the following departmental functions and concerns: assist with opening and the PM shift, maintaining turnover to an acceptable level, maintaining uniform control, purchasing and issuance, guest requests, monthly meetings, quality assurance in public space and guest rooms, linen and supply inventories, purchasing linen and supplies when needed, assist with scheduling, kronos and payroll cost controls.
• Monitor Housekeeping inventories to ensure adequate levels are maintained.
• Maintaining close communication and interaction with Front Desk and Engineering departments, reporting all maintenance issues.
• Inspects the cleaning and servicing of all guestrooms, and inspects all vacant rooms on a daily basis.
• Prepare and complete all reports needed. VIP's, Due-Out's V/D's etc.
• Identifies all cleaning defects and reassigns them to the responsible GRA. Completes a full inspection form for each GRA and forwards them to the Executive Housekeeper on a daily basis.
• Responsible for overseeing the Housemen, ensuring that they are working appropriately with GRA's, and that they are completing all daily housemen duties/special projects.
• Participates in energy conservation efforts.
• Respects Hotel property and work areas by keeping them clean, well maintained, stocked, and properly stored. Eliminates waste of supplies.
• Assists in maintaining Omni standards of cleanliness and a consistent guestroom/guest experience.
• Assists in maintaining a highly motivated and trained staff that continually strives for excellence, in service and cleanliness.
• Prior Housekeeping Supervisory Experience in Hospitality.
• High School Diploma or GED / College Degree preferred.
• Must be highly motivated and have the ability to Multi-task.
• Must be able to work independently.
• Must have the ability to lead, motivate and develop others.
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity/AA/Disability/Veteran employer. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .