Ideally located in the heart of downtown Indianapolis, the four-diamond Omni Severin Hotel stands as the city's longest running luxury hotel and a beautifully restored piece of the city's history. The hotel elegantly combines the grandeur of the early 1900's with the modern amenities and superior service of today, and offers memorable experiences that are within walking distance to many leisure, business and cultural attractions.
Associates at the Omni Severin Hotel enjoy a safe and nurturing environment where anything is possible to make their career with Omni Hotels a reality. The pride in our associates, the engagement of our guests and the spirit of "Hoosier Hospitality" are just a few examples of why we are the employer of choice in the Indianapolis area. If you are a people pleaser, self motivated, and live to serve others, the Omni Severin Hotel is the hotel for you.
To discuss meeting room arrangements with planner and to communicate this information through respective hotel department heads via a conference/meeting resume.
- Prepare resumes for groups ten days prior to group arrival and review all details in weekly Staff Meeting.
- Adhere to the Catering and Conference Services Department's standard operating procedures.
- Help establish and maintain hotel's marketplace position at the city's most elite venue within social and corporate communities.
- Follow the specific standard operation procedures for all staff in order to promptly and thoroughly handle all steps in the event planning process adhering to the standards of hotel protocol.
- Ensure all site inspections and client visits to the hotel are successful by planning carefully and communicating accurate details in advance to all departments.
- Proactively achieve consistently high Medallia scores through establishing a good rapport with the client, preparation work having been done accurately and being visible during the conference to ensure the client's expectations have been met.
- Generate high revenue yielding business for all contracted rooms, function space, and catered events.
- Conduct pre- and post-conference meetings when it is agreeable with the client.
- Ensure all current and future client accounts are serviced in accordance with hotel standards.
- Communicate with banquet managers for all related banquet functions, and communicate client requests to relevant departments.
- Ensure banquet event orders are accurate and provide all relevant information to departments concerned 15 days prior to event start time.
- Adhere to selling policies as set forth by the Director of Sales and Marketing.
- Remain available to hotel managers while on property.
- Be aware of departmental revenue and up sell at every possible opportunity.
- Participate in all regular and operational meetings as required.
- Coordinate all aspects of conferences as assigned by the Director of Sales & Marketing to include but not limited to: food and beverage requirements, timing of events, audio-visual requirements, special attention to guests, room type allocation, rooming list, amenities, function room set up, group transportation, type of check in, check out to include satellite check in, special meal requests, arrival/departure manifests, bag pulls, luggage storage, complimentary rooms, billing instructions, authorized signatures, room deliveries, telephone and internet requirements, box storage and delivery, power requirements, key requirements, expected food and beverage outlet usage, group hospitality/office/registration desk requirements, business center requirements, entertainment, leisure activities, décor (to include floral) requirements.
- Flexible work hours to include weekend and holidays in order to meet the demands of a 24 hour operation
- Excellent communication skills in all aspects: verbal, written and non-verbal
- College Degree
- Must have a minimum of 2-5 years experience in catering sales, or conference services, preferably as a manager in a luxury hotel property
- Appropriate, professional appearance and presentation
- Strong computer knowledge, with technical ability and/or aptitude to fully use Microsoft Word, Delphi, Excel, Outlook, and other management systems
- Knowledge of Opera and Delphi FDC a plus but not required
- Experience with citywide groups beneficial but not required
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity/AA/Disability/Veteran employer. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to email@example.com .