**At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.**
The Materials Manager is a strategic business partner to the Plant Director of the Huntsville manufacturing facility. The Materials Manager is responsible for the overall control & movement of materials in and out of the plant. The Materials Manager will also be responsible for inventory and receiving control processes and procedures, traffic and shipping, warehousing, and planner organizations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide leadership and direction to materials organization.
• Ensure adherence to inventory compliance, receiving, and shipping policies and procedures. Work with other Polaris sites to develop consistent policies and procedures.
• Continually improve performance and service to manufacturing and attain Corporate and Plant goals.
• Support flexible manufacturing methods. Supply the vision and guidance to implement pull systems throughout manufacturing and with our supplier base.
• Develop methods and policies that contribute to the most efficient, safe and economical movement of materials throughout manufacturing.
• Evaluate manufacturing planning software and recommend improvements.
• Plan and organize material handling/warehouse/shipping functions to best utilize resources. Assess training needs and drive for continuous skill improvement in the department.
• Participate in the management of the Central Planning Group in conjunction with the Materials Managers from the other sites.
• Participate in preparation of annual forecasts and establish future pre-production plans.
• Collaborate with Purchasing to continually improve supply chain management.
• Ensure a high fill rate for Poland supplied service parts.
• Establish and manage departmental budget and assist in the development of long range plant goals and objectives.
• Participates with Engineering on new product development.
• Develop and present monthly metrics
• Miscellaneous duties as assigned.
• High integrity.
• Passion for excellence: results-driven individual capable of a high level of execution.
• Customer focus: able to translate the needs of the business function into HR solutions.
• Problem solver: Intellectually agile. Sees multiple sides of issues and flexes to drive solutions.
• Leadership: Confident and engaging, with the courage to challenge as required.
• Innovative mindset, with ability to identify and act on key opportunities for improvement.
• Team player: See Essential Duties & Responsibilities, Culture
• Employee development: See Essential Duties & Responsibilities, Talent
ADDITIONAL SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• 5-8 years previous materials management experience
• Demonstrated people leadership experience
• Knowledge of lean manufacturing processes
• Outstanding leadership, influence, and communication skills.
• APICS certification a plus.
• Office and manufacturing environment. Some travel (<20%) required.
_We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside._ _Apply today!_
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2018 sales of $6.1 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER, RZR and GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
At Polaris, the need for diverse perspectives and experiences enables our vision of Best People, Best Team. We value our differences and align our passions to do great work. As a highly efficient growth company, we are driven to be agile and adaptable to support our customers. At Polaris we unite to create memorable adventures. Learn more at