SHIFT: No Weekends
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
We value your contributions. Our employee recognition programs encourage our teams to raise the bar. We are currently seeking a Laboratory Supervisor to join our family. Come be a part of the change!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
HCA Houston Healthcare Kingwood - Kingwood, Texas
Laboratory Supervisor - Laboratory
The most advanced hospital services available in the Houston area are right in your own backyard at Kingwood Medical Center. As part of the nationwide HCA Healthcare system, Kingwood patients have access to advanced medical care and physicians trained at top hospitals. HCA and Kingwood Medical Center also provide the communities of Northeast Houston, Humble, New Caney and Cleveland, Texas with education and outreach programs.
Our doctors, nurses and staff are committed to preserving and extending the health of our patients. Here are just a few ways we show that commitment:
• 382 licensed beds
• 24-hour emergency room
• Innovative and customized cardiovascular services, including heart and vascular surgery
• State of the art imaging and endoscopy services for more accurate diagnosis and treatment plans
• Inpatient rehabfor physical recovery from stroke, trauma, orthopedic injuries and more
• Neurosciences program including our Joint-Commission-accredited Primary Stroke Center and the Sleep Center of Excellence
• Women's Center and pediatric services with access to pediatric specialists 24/7
Kingwood Medical Center is currently accepting applications for Laboratory Supervisor.
What you will do in this role:
- Performs complex laboratory procedures, recognize deviation from expected results, analyzes & resolves problems following established procedures for patient
- Performs and analyzes quality control data making judgments concerning the results and taking the appropriate action to maintain accuracy and precision
- Demonstrates competency in performing analyzer maintenance as scheduled or when needed. Maintains maintenance records
- Redirects work assignments as necessary to ensure that all work is completed and reported in established time frame.
- Helps evaluate new techniques and procedures in terms of method comparison and establishes the reference intervals; writes and revises technical procedure.
- Reviews and revises policy and procedure manual continually to ensure that written procedure is same as practiced procedure
- Gives direction to employees including counseling and evaluating staff performance with the Director of Laboratory Services
- Performs other tasks as assigned by the Director of Laboratory Services or designated alternate.
What qualifications you will need:
- AA, BA or BS degree in Medical Technology or any Laboratory Science
- 2 years under qualified Laboratory Director
- ASCP or equivalent
HCA Healthcare ranks on Fortune's list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years and HCA ranks 63rd on the fortune 500 list. In addition Ethisphere named HCA as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies. We want you to join our tradition of excellence. Intrigued? We'd love to hear from you.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our recruiters. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here .
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.